Without You

The twins just turned eight, Jac is almost nine, and in a few months, Peter will be ten and graduating school. Today the school is hosting a dance and Peter has few tricks up his sleeve. But before Peter could even start his surprise Jac came with a gift of his own.

Teuta

(Hears knock) Come in!

Jac

(Shouts) Happy Birthday, Teua! (Closes door) How's my favorite eight years old on this glorious day?

Teuta

(Laughs) Well, why thank you darling. I'm doing pretty good for someone who just woke up.

Jac

Good to hear, but let me make it better. (Hands her a box) Open it.

Teuta

(Sighs then smiles) Jac you didn't have to get me anything.

Jac

I know, I know but I wanted to, so open it.

Teuta

Okay fine I'm opening it. (Opens box) Oh my God! Jac this is beautiful. (Opens locket) It's me, you and Peter (Hugs Jac) thank you. I love it.

Jac

Anything for you Teua. (Pulls back) Now get dressed, Peter is waiting for you downstairs and you know how he is about being late.

Teuta

(Shocked) I can't believe I almost forgot about our plans. (Gets out of bed)

Jac

(Standing in the door) Have fun, birthday girl.

Teuta

(Smiles) Thanks again Jac. (Jac smiles and closes door on his way out)

After Teuta got dressed she rushed downstairs to find Peter shaking his head and looking at the time. Before she could say a word he turned her around and put a blindfold on her face and led her outside.

Teuta

(Confused) Where are you taking me, Peter?

Peter

(Laughs) If I tell you it won't be a surprise now will it.

Teuta

(Anxious) Okay, okay fine, but don't let me fall. (Sniffs) Oh my goodness I know that smell, it's the smell of sweet seawater.

Peter

Teua! You and this darn nose. (Takes off her blindfold) Okay, I guess you can see now.

Teuta

(Screams) Oh my God! Peter, how did you? That's from the book, how did you do this Peter?

Peter

(Smiles) Well, the Destine belongs to my royal navy, so technically it's mine.

Teuta

(Turns to him and pushes him playful) So you're just now telling me, after all this time it's been your ship.

Peter

Happy Birthday, Teua! (Hugs and spins her) Do you like it?

Teuta

(Hugs him tight) Are you kidding me this is the best birthday gift ever. Thank you, Peter.