Chapter 5 (Part 2)

CHAPTER 5 (Part 2)

I turn my head and frown, there's a chestnut brown hair guy and other black-haired guy. They are Justin and Ethan.

"What are they doing here? Today was supposed to be girls' day, I haven't even invited them" Alana mutters in an almost inaudible tone.

I turn around, placing my gaze on Alana's face, she looks at me with a frustrated face and turns her eyes to the intruders. It really doesn't surprise me that they show up around here because you know what they say... speaking of the devil, this shows up unexpectedly...

"Well well well, who we have here? Two gorgeous girls" Justin says as he takes a seat next to me and Ethan does the same next to Alana staying in front of me.

Ethan just greets with a "What's up?" and stretches in his seat. I'm surprised how quiet he is, it seems that he isn't interested in talking.

"What brings you here? I'm surprised to see you" Alana questions them.

"I needed to buy wax for my surfboard so we decided to go for a walk. You?" Justin says while taking a sip of his americano.

"We did some sightseeing and discovered cool places to go" I say enthusiastically, I'm thankful that Alana has offered to show me around.

"Is the surf meeting still up on Tuesday? Cindy could come too" Alana suggests.

"You can enjoy the show from the shore while we have fun" Ethan replies before Justin can even make a sound "Don't get me wrong, but I'm sure you don't know how to surf and you don't even look like a surfer girl" He looks at me intensely with his mischievous smile.

I glare him to death, how dare he say such a thing? His smile grows wider and wider as he enjoys my reaction. He seems to enjoy pissing me off and arguing with me. I try to relax a little but he's facing me so it doesn't help at all. I'm hesitating between telling him I know how to surf or surprise him the same day. I take a sigh before the words flow through my mouth.

"You'll be disappointed. I'm better than you can imagine"

"We'll see" He says as he leans his elbows on the table and leans forward, glaring at me with his emerald eyes.

The look of his eyes have me mesmerised for a fraction of seconds, but I quickly recover and wish he didn't realise.

The rest of the day passes without any problems, we went back to campus with Ethan's car. I decide to lie on my bed after dinner and check the news on Twitter from my laptop when all of a sudden my phone ringtone. I honestly have no clue who could be. I jump out of bed and head toward the table to find out who is. Laura's name appears on the screen and I pick it up without thinking twice. Within minutes my best friend's face appears on my screen.

"Hi Cyn, how's everything going? When were you planning to call me? Did you forget about your best friend?" Laura asks in a demanding tone trying to be hurt, I must admit she's a very good actress.

"Hey Lau, so far Hawaii is treating me great. I met some students and I went to a party on Friday" I answer while laughing.

"Wait, did I hear you right? You haven't been there for a week and you've already gone to your first college party!"

"Believe it or not, I got drunk and had a pretty bad hangover"

"Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" Laura questions while laughing. "Surely college parties are far better than our knacker drinking. I wish I could be with you"

I shake my head as I laugh at her comment. "I wish! I miss being home. It's still weird waking up and not being in my room."

"Well, most importantly... Have you met any handsome boy?"

"None that catches my attention"

"Ugh, how many? Introduce them to me" She answers while I immerse myself in my own bubble and think about how everything has changed in just a few days, from not knowing anyone to being part of a group.

"Well, there are three guys in the group that I have met. Justin is quite handsome and I think we'll get along well, then there is Christian who I've barely talked to him and finally there's Ethan who... Let's say we'll never get along"

"Relax, Cyn. You haven't been there for five days. They'll actually like you, trust me." Laura says while comforting me with her quiet voice.

There is a moment of silence in the video call as I distrust her words and look out the window. 

"I don't think so, Ethan is the typical guy who hates you for no apparent reason. I'm frustrated by his constant mood swings." 

"Just try to avoid him and not think too much about him. You're there to enjoy your new life, so take it easy and don't stress. Everywhere you go there will be assholes boys like him."

"I guess you're right." I claim. I look at her face and the only thing I wish right now is to be able to hug her, I miss her so much. She's always been there for me in the best and worst moments of my life, she means a lot to me, I consider her as the sister I never had. "It's already late, I'll go to sleep soon. Most likely I'll go to the beach with the group to surf. If I get bored, I won't hesitate for a minute to send you a message or call you"

"Show them what you're worth, you'll tell me how it was" Laura smiles from ear to ear and we say goodbye.

It's been quite a long day, once I leave the phone in silent mode. I relax on the bed, and as soon as I close my eyes I fall asleep.

Author's note: Hey readers! What's up? So finally I've been able to update the second part. Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy this chapter. See you in the next chapter :)