13

"She'll wake up soon enough, Felix. No need to freak out," Damon said, watching Felix crouched over Vicki panicking.

"Why did you do this? There was no reason for this," Felix muttered, his eyes trained on the snapped neck of Vicki Donavan, he wanted to throw up, but couldn't muster much other than disbelief.

"She'll thank me later," Damon shrugged, staring at Felix, "You seem like your freaking out, you know if you didn't have vervain in your system things could be a lot better," He said, a smug smirk on his face as Felix whirled his eyes up towards him.

"Shut up, please. Vicki's an addict, she's not gonna be a good vampire, she's going to kill someone," he said, his hand running through his hair, pulling on it slightly as he tried to calm himself down.

"Oh well," Damon shrugged, "This is Stefan's fault if you think about it," and Felix did think about it and decided it was both of their faults for being bloodsucking monsters. "Maybe you'll finally have Tyler to yourself if she dies," Damon added, shooting Felix a stupidly positive smile.

"What happened," a voice groaned from the floor, and Felix instinctually took a few steps back, "We were dancing and then-"

"Then I killed you," Damon supplied, standing in front of one of the slightly open windows, seeing how long he could hold his hand in the sun.

"What?" Vicki groaned, sitting up her eyes landing on Felix and the somewhat horrified look on his face, "Felix?"

"You're dead," Damon supplied.

"I'm dead?" Vicki repeated, rubbing her no longer broken neck, that seconds earlier Felix had watched snap into place.

"Yeah, well, let's not make a big deal out of it," Damon responded, walking a little closer to Vicki and standing next to where Felix was still sitting on the floor. "You drank my blood, I killed you, and now you have to feed in order to complete the process," he said, as if it was simple and obvious, "I would say to just use our friend Felix, but he's blood would just end up killing you faster."

"You're wasted," Vicki answered, standing up from the ground, "What happened, Felix?"

"I don't-" Felix started.

"You don't wanna be out there all alone," Damon said, not moving from where he was leaning against a table, "You're about to get really freaky," Damon grinned, moving to cut Vicki off, who was stumbling for the door.

"Okay, I had a really good time. I just wanna go home," she said, not really listening to him.

"Vicki, I don't know if you should go right now," Felix said, finally pulling himself off the ground.

"He's right. You're going to start craving blood, and until you get it, you're gonna feel very out of it. You have to be careful," Damon advised.

"Come on, move," she whined, pushing the vampire slightly, who chuckled in response.

"See? You're already starting to fall apart," Damon laughed.

"Vicki?" Felix called, following after her, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Felix. That guy's weird," she muttered, rubbing her head, "I'm just gonna go home, okay?"

"Let her go, Felix," Damon called, following her to the doorway, "We're just trying to warn her. Actually," Damon pasused, "You should go. In fact, if I were you, I would stop by your boyfriend Jeremy's house."

"Damon," Felix warned, only to be cut off by Vicki's, "Yeah, whatever." And with that she was gone.

"I need to call Stefan, or Elena. She's gonna eat Jeremy or some shit," Felix muttered, moving to pull his phone out of his pocket only for his hand to be stopped by Damon.

"Actually, I need you to do me a favour," Damon grinned, "You said you would help me save Katherine, remember?" Felix felt his stomach drop, "So I need you to use your little psychic ability to check on something for me."

"What?" he said, yanking his arm from Damon's grasp.

" I just want to know if it works, my plan," Damon shrugged, letting Felix move away from him.

"It doesn't work like that. Not really," Felix said, pacing slightly, he could feel Damon's cold blue eyes on him as he thought about it.

"Well, just try," Damon said, walking to take a seat on the couch, "We have until nightfall after all," he grinned, the two making eye contact for a brief second before Felix moved into the kitchen.

Damon wouldn't let him go outside to the pound, apparently worried Felix would make a run for it, which he would have, but it was annoying nonetheless. And in his few hours of sitting around doing nothing while every ten minutes Damon would ask "anything?" it took three hours for the kids to actually see anything.

There was the rumble of stone being moved, the darkness surrounding them as a group of people, nothing more then dark blobs, stood around watching as a stone door was moved from the opening of a cave.

"Anything?" Damon asked for the 20th time, Felix considered simply saying no, but a small part of him hoped Damon would leave him alone if he told him.

"All I saw was what I presume to be the tomb being opened. That's it," Felix said, crossing his arms as he watched Damon's bored look shift into a thing of pure, manic, excitement.

"Oh, this is going to be great. I'll finally have Katherine back," He grinned, practically leaping from his seat, it had finally gotten dark outside and Damon whirled on Felix with a large grin, "I'll see you later, Felix." And just like that, he was alone again.

a/n: a really short chapter but yeah :)