17

trigger warning: mentions fo abuse and allusions to a slur if you pick up on it

Felix went through the motions of any other morning, his mom was coming home tonight and the school was hosting a career fair, so Felix could feel shitty about the fact that he didn't think he had a future. Not one that he had the pleasure of seeing at least. His phone buzzed to life as he got ready to leave for school, Tyler's name popping up on it. Felix hesitated, Damon's words still echoing in his head, "you actually think he gives a shit about you? He's just using you until the next girl comes around." Felix frowned, deciding to look down at the text anyways - 'Hey want me to pick you up? We can go to the career fair together afterwards?' Despite everything, Felix still felt his stomach do a flip, before texting back a yes to his friend.

"Hey Felix," Tyler said about ten minutes later, the psychic having made his way out of his house and to the black car in his driveway. "You look nice," he said,  eyes trailing up the teen.

Felix rolled his eyes, grinning at the other boy, "Hmm, I know. You don't look too bad yourself," he hummed back, sliding into the car with practiced ease, he could feel Tyler's eyes on him as he did, before his arm was being grabbed and he was being dragged into a rough kiss. A full moon flashed across his vision. Felix pushed against his chest, a small smirk on his face, "Well, you're in a mood today. Am I missing something?" Tyler's eyes were slightly darker than usual, but other than that he seemed normal.

"Just feel like I haven't seen you in a while," he responded with a shrug, turning back to the wheel and beginning to drive them to school. Felix wasn't about to complain.

When the two teens walked in, Felix's eyes fell onto Caroline and Matt who were currently standing very close to each other. The smile on his best friend's face was absolutely infectious as she talked to Matt, "That's kinda cute," Felix muttered, glancing over at Tyler who was watching the pair closely.

"It's about time he moved on," Tyler added.

Felix was having a good day at this point, Tyler was being far more enthusiastic than usual and seemed to be hanging around the psychic a lot more. It was strange, but Felix was enjoying every second of the human boy's attention. "So, you and Caroline?" Tyler asked Matt, the three teens passing the basketball between them.

Matt laughed, "No it's nothing like that," Tyler and Felix shared a knowing look. It was definitely like that.

"Uh huh, sure. Never is until you become "we people," Felix pipped up, grinning at the blond.

"We people?"

"Yeah, we are going out tonight, we like the colour red, No we don't drink. We people," Tyler said.

"We hung out, like, twice," Matt defended.

"We hung out, huh?" Felix grinned, passing the ball to Matt who then missed a shot at the basket. "Hey, just be nice to her, okay?" Matt looked over at him, "You two would probably be good for each other."

In the distance Felix heard the sound of a car reeving and watched as a frown worked its way onto Tyler's face, "Stefan's brother is looking at you," Tyler said, his teeth baring together in a scowl, "Are you seeing him or something?" There was an accusation in his voice and a small part of Felix grinned that he was jealous.

"Oh, no we aren't. Don't worry, Lockwood," Felix grinned, shooting a wink towards the Lockwood boy before spinning on his heel and heading towards the blue convertible and the blue-eyed vampire. "Can I help you, Damon? I thought you were leaving town?" he said lightly, watching the older vampire for why he was here.