Chapter 49

The Ethan I saw was not my best friend. He was standing firm as the King of The Dark World wanted to meet me. So, I bowed, "The King of Dark World is it?" I asked. He nodded but didn't smile. "You need to know some rules! The dark World is a place where people live without reactions and feelings. All they do is to serve for the Dark World King," I cut him, "You're not Ethan," I knew it was not him. His voice was different but he denied it. "This is the entrance, Cora. You need to know a few things! Don't interrupt me!" He warned me. I took a deep breath and remained silent. Ethan continued, "Well, no one is allowed to show their emotions in the Dark World. If one cries, smiles, laughs or shows emotions they might be killed or even worse," he stopped. I didn't ask him. Silence filled. All of sudden, I heard screams. I turned around thrilled. I saw some huge men bringing someone in a huge sack. The person was screaming, "Please! Leave me! Forgive me! If you do this to me, my family will be abandoned! Please!" My eyes were watery but tears didn't drop. 

  "Ethan! What is going on?" I asked him worriedly. "One should not show their emotions. Dark World excludes people who show any emotion. He laughed out loud. So, he deserves to be excluded," He said without any reaction. At that moment, I realized the reason earlier none of the men spoke reactionless. Even the kids played without reactions. "The Dark World is not what I think it is. Why would Ayari conquer The Dark World first?" I was mumbling. "I would like to warn you! You are not allowed to show emotions. You can bring only one friend. My suggestion is not to choose Kanyal!" He spoke. "I need to meet my friends. I will be back. I need a few moments." I said as I tried to be reactionless. "Well, you should come before the torch goes off," He said slower than a whisper. 

  I ran towards Kanyal and Erica. " I don't have much time. Erica, you have to go to Ruadian. Meet the General and with his help, find Isa! Isa knows what to do. Kanyal, follow me!" I said quickly and started walking towards Ethan. I knew Kanyal was following me but Erica was stunned. I glanced once before I went towards Ethan. Kanyal and Erica were clueless. I smiled at Erica. It gave her relief but I didn't smile at Kanyal. I told everything that Ethan told me to Kanyal. I was sure that Kanyal was clueless. He joined me and luckily we were on time. I met Ethan, "I brought Kanyal with me. We can enter the Dark World now," I said without any reaction. The torch went off. The fruits in the tree glowed luminously. "Have this fruit. You will need this," Ethan gave both of us the fruits. We didn't question him back. 

"AAAAH! AAAAH!!!" Ethan roared deafeningly. The cave was quaking. Kanyal grabbed my hand. "Don't react, Kanyal!" I whispered to him. I hardly nodded. "Close your eyes! We are going to get in." We followed Ethan's instructions. I closed my eyes. The moment everything went black, the fear of not showing my emotions haunted me. I tried so hard not to react. "You may open," we heard him. My eyes met the long river. The place was gloomy. There was no sun. It was not dark like night but it was gloomy. The place didn't surprise, amaze or thrill us. It was giving a reactionless vibe. Kanyal looked at me. "Ayari is here. There is something worse," He gulped. "Don't react. Just tell," deep inside I was equally terrified and worried yet was able to hide my emotions. Ethan asked the same too. "Lexter is fighting and he is showing his anger! Zoya had fainted. She lost her powers. She can't walk or even stand." I knew Kanyal was trying so hard to not react while he was telling us about this. 

We were so focused on the fact to not react but Lexter reacted. "Will he be alright?" the question was haunting in me. Ethan knew the place that Kanyal described. I recollected vividly what my dad said in the underwater palace. "I am worried that your powers are too much for Crustel but not enough for Ardian," I grasped what he meant. I was scared of my hidden power. Too many thoughts haunted me. Kanyal said, "I can read your mind! I guess you still remember it. Your powers will reveal to you when you need them! Stay calm!" He was sure about what he said. I didn't reply. I was silent. As we followed Ethan, we were on our way to stop everything. The War! The Power Hunger and AYARI. We were done with her. She ruined so many people's lives. Morosely, her daughter's too.