33

8 years later...

Paige.

"Ashley Bennet, can you do a pose for us please?"

Camera flashes from the press blinded me the second I got out of the photoshoot studio. I stopped walking and took off my shades before flashing a smile.

"Ashley Bennet, did you enjoy Paris fashion week?"

"Ashley, how was your dinner with Craig Harrison?"

"Ashley Bennet, Is it true that you have a child?"

The press kept asking questions while my body guards led me to the van.

"Hurry." Stella, my manager whispered as she pulled me faster towards the van. When we arrived, Abby, my makeup artist started fixing my hair as the van drove away.

I sighed when the press were out of sight. It's been a hectic day filled with shoots and the press were just everywhere. I closed my eyes in my seat. I just can't find rest these days.

"The rumor is spreading like wildfire, should I clear it up?" Stella asked with her clipboard in hand.

I kept silent.

"I'll clear it up so that they could stop bothering you." Stella pulled out her phone.

"No don't." I stopped her. "It's okay, let them live off the rumor." I smiled and turned to the window, raindrops were pouring.

Stella sighed and nodded. "She's going to need a retouch." Stella ordered when Abby finished fixing my hair.

I yawned as they worked on me. "Where are we headed?"

"To the Diamond hotel." Stella answered. "You have a dinner party to attend to."

"I see."

I was about to close my eyes when my phone buzzed. 

"Someone's calling?" Abby asked.

I nodded and answered.

[Where are you now? Are you in the country?] Aicko's voice sounded the second I answered the call.

"Yeah, I landed last night." I yawned. "I'm still jet lagged."

[Good, clear your schedule for this weekend.] She said firmly as if no wasn't an option. 

"Not sure...I might have a shoot." I thought. 

I heard her sigh through the phone. [I'll talk to Stella, we get along, I'll get your sched clear for the weekend so make yourself free.]

"Uh...Who's birthday is it on the weekend?" I tried to recall my friends birthdays. 

[Birthday?! It's the class reunion silly!]

My brows scrunched. "C-class reunion?" 

[Yeah, the whole class is required to come, we all haven't seen each other in years and guess what!]

I guessed. "You're the party planner?"

[Correct!] She laughed. [So you should attend, you can't put my efforts to waste.]

"I don't know." I shrugged. 

[Is it about him?] 

I kept quiet.