05

Paige.

"Shit!"

Aiden rubbed his forehead. We sat in an empty classroom, Aicko sat behind us looking at me with pity.

"This is all my fault, this is all my fault." Aiden repeated.

I crossed my arms. "None of this is your fault, I chose this for myself," I sighed. "I need to accept the consequences."

"But I brought you here!" Aiden almost raised his voice, making me and Aicko flinch. I've never seen him like this before.

"I came here on my free will!" I shot back.

Aiden shook his head and pulled the strands of his hair. "I let you come with me, even if I knew what kind of monsters lurk here." He paused for a moment. "I promised your Mom that I'd protect you, but now there's no way I can now."

My body shaked. "What do you mean?"

Aicko held onto my arm.

"You're now Blake's target, Aiden closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. "And he'll make your life as miserable as hell."

My blood raced, "I want to see him try."

"I've seen him try, year after year." Aicko whispered. "He never fails."

Aiden faced me. "But you've got me, I'll protect you."

_______________________

I sat down on my comfy bed, but it still didn't feel comfortable.

What on earth did I get myself into?!

I pulled out my tablet and started my homework, even homework didn't appease my mind.

The subjects were challenging but my mind easily drifted so I didn't have time to care. Before I knew it, I was finished.

My phone on the side table rang. I jumped when I saw who was video calling.I fixed my hair and composed myself. What am I going to say?

I accepted the call.

"Hi Mom!" I sounded too enthusiastic, hopefully she doesn't hear the fakeness in my voice.

"Hi sweetie, how's your first day?"

I gulped. "It's great Mom, I've got so many friends and all the kids are nice." I lied.

"Aww, that's nice, wait is that your room?" She eyed my background. "My it's beautiful, I'm so jealous."