Scared and Scarred~ Jack Kline

Start from the beginning

Just as you turned your attention dreadfully back to her there was a bag from upstairs. She smiled a evil smile like one you would see in a horror movie. There was a explosion and smithereens of the wooden basement door blew down the stairs.

"You stand right here you hear me?!" The witch yelled and hid behind you.

You nodded and knew you had to be brave as the men piled down the stairs. Acting out of fear your hand flung up to protect yourself in reflex to which the men reacted.

"Woah! Easy, easy. We're not here to hurt you." The two men held their guns in the air as if they were surrendering.

You were confused, your gaze shooting to each of the men and then your eyes fell upon the one in the back and you felt it again. The connection. But you were still scared and the witch was using you like a attack dog.

"Stay back!" You yelled as the one man attempted to step his foot forward.

"We're not going to hurt you." The tall man said as his gaze flicked to the witch behind you, "We're here to save you."

You were so focused on the tall guy you didn't realize the other guy moving closer and closer to you. Turning so he was in your line of fire your hand shot up sending him flying backwards, "I said stay back!"

The tall man moved forward towards and soon enough everyone was moving around, overwhelming you.

When you can't fight, run.

You were gone, out of that house and thankful the men had destroyed the warding that kept you in. Now you stood in the middle of the field, surrounded by tall grass that came up to your waist. You collapsed onto your back your entire body was exhausted as you realised that if those men killed the witch there would be no one to take care of you.

You were on your own.

***

Walking through the small town, you wondered when you would find something that looked appetizing. When you looked in the window of the gas station you found the familiar label of Hot And Ready pies. You loved pie although you weren't sure what about it you liked so much. Walking up the steps you looked around the store a bit finding a bottle of soda in the refrigerator and twisting open the lid. You downed half the bottle in one swig, after you had been walking for a hour. The cashier was giving you a concerned glance but you weren't sure why. You made your way back around to the cash and attempted to open the case of pie.

"Ma'am you have to pay for that." The cashier said and reached for your hand.

You reacted flinging your hand in the air and sending the cashier through the wall. Tilting your head in confusion you looked over the counter at the man that lie still on the ground amongst broken bits of drywall. You shrugged it off, maybe he was just sleeping like the witch when she had too much of that strong beverage she kept in a weird shaped bottle. Examining the case of pie you came to the conclusion you'd need a key... or you could just brake it.

Pressing your hand to the glass you shut your eyes for just a second before the sound of shattering glass rang through the air. You swepted the bits of glass off the counter before selecting your pie. There were small plastic forks in a small bucket that you chose to eat with.

By the time you had finished half the pie a car pulled in the parking lot. You wanted to finish your pie so you stayed but a few seconds later you sensed him again. Tossing your pie to the side you leaped off the counter and your gaze remained in a frightened expression on the door.

As you had expected it they came in the same order, the tall hunters in the front, then the angel and the nephilim. Their eyes landed on you and they froze as if you were a deer they were hunting but trying not to scare off.