Good Day To Be A Dog

Imagine you hunting the same witch as Team Free Will and sneaking into the Bunker.

"You stupid bitch!" Your master groaned and threw you into a wall.

Pain ran through your body before you hit the floor with a thud. As you attempted to lift yourself off the floor your arm buckled in pain. Failing to get up you used your other arm and struggled to your feet, "It wasn't my fault!"

"You let a young, out of control witch leave!" Derek spat, "Now your going to find her."

Before you could object you were being pushed out the front door of the witch manor. You spun on your heel once you were outside to have a door slammed in your face.

"Screw you and I'm taking your car!" You yelled knowing your stuck up master had probably already left. Stomping over to the old, classic, red car and flinging the door open. As you drove off you cranked up the radio and let yourself focus on were you were headed.

You hated it when he got angry. Being a familiar wasn't easy and was even worse when your master had anger issues. He would shut you out constantly and when you insisted that he let you in he would hurt you. You often pitied yourself as you remembered when you thought that you would find a master that you could have a unbreakable bond with. Instead you found Derek, a self centered asshole with a temper.

***

"Here, witchy witchy witchy." You whispered as you entered the apartment your old friend had signed into a day earlier. Carleen always failed to cover up her tracks. She was a good witch but her running skills could use some work.

You had lived with Carleen, Derek and Amber in a large mansion in East Kansas. You were all witches, Derek and Amber were siblings that were taught witchcraft at a young age by their parents. They had found Carleen when she was eighteen, almost a year ago, sad and alone and the siblings made her a witch. All you could do was be the family pet as Carleen was often confused and angry at the things she didn't understand or she wasn't ready for. You still cared for her like she was a little sister. You weren't the only one that suffered Derek's constant explosions. Amber often pretended like she didn't know what her brother was doing or take his side. Carleen on the other hand was very good at knowing when Derek was getting angry and she would slowly get herself out of the way. Even though sometimes she wasn't fast enough, she would normally only get one blow from Derek before you were there to protect her. Then every hit after that went to you.

Now you crept around and elbowed the bedroom door open but the room was empty. Things were scattered all over the floor and bed like the young witch had made a quick escape. A heavy sadness waved over you as you thought of how Carleen always there for you after you and Derek had a fight. She was confused, going around hexing people that she believed deserved it purely out of anger. You would help her, just as you promised.

The noise of tires scrapping against pavement came through the far window. You glanced into the parking lot to find a slick black Impala park below you. Two man dressed like lumberjacks exited the car and headed to the trunk to which they retrieved guns.

You connected the peices and realised they were hunters. Not wasting a second you started for the door. If they found you they would kill you or worse, they wouldn't. Turning down the stairwell your eyes fell upon the hunters heading through the front door, blocking your way of escape. You spun on your heel and ran back down the hall and reached the second set of stairs just in time. Leaning against the wall to catch your breath for a moment you glanced down the stairs. Almost anything you could do as a human you could do ten times faster as a dog. Sighing you turned into your dog form and ran down the stairs with speed. When you arrived you at the bottom of the stairs you turned back into a human to open the door and stumble out into the cold ally outside.