Chapter 5. Dangerously In Love.

A/N ( Written July 31, 2017)

Caveat:

I know that the character development and the "love" thing between the characters started unusually early in this book but you have to understand that I wrote Book One more than two years ago. I was new to the game and still learning. So just give the first part of the Book a chance. I promise it gets better.

Also one of my future projects is to overhaul the four books and compile it into one huge 'for all audiences book' so that everyone can read it especially the mainstream audience. That's all. Thanks!

Read on.

-star

~

Belle's POV

"Okay so tell me more about Nikolai."

Suddenly the smile on his face decipated like he's going to tell me a tragedy.

"Nikolai was born in Russia. He did not know his mother because his father took him from her when he was a baby. And the old man made sure that Nikolai did not have any connection with her. Eventually, his father met someone here. They had a baby when Nikolai was about three years old. Her name was Yelena."

"Nikolai was molded by his father to become like him. He was his only son and heir to a growing empire that the old man built. His father was a ruthless man. He taught Nikolai everything. Nikolai on the other hand looked up to his father with admiration. His father died when my brother was twenty one. He was devastated when his father died but he did not have much time to grieve, he knew that he had to continue the legacy of his father at a very young age. He knows that his father's enemies are just prowling around waiting for the Volkov empire to crumble down. At a young age, he was left with an enormous responsibilty and a huge shoes to fill in. At that point, Nikolai became known in our world as VOLKOV, only son of Vyachelsav Roustam Volkov, both respected and feared."

I feel like my heart is being crushed. My Nikolai has been hurting. I wish I was there for him during the darkest times his life.

I was still processing everything that Alexei said. "What do you mean your world? Are you talking about Volkov Holdings?"

"Princess, there are truths in life that are better told by the right person. I have already shared too much. Perhaps in the future you can ask Volkov yourself."

"What about Yelena? Nikolai's half-sister? Where is she?"

"She died two years ago. Nikolai felt responsible for her death. She was his only family left. He thinks it's his fault that she died. The media and the police think it was an accident."

"What do you mean?"

"We believe it was a hit. Same as what happened to Vyacheslav and my father."

The questions in my mind keep on piling. I'm more confused and curious now.

"You mean they were murdered?"

"We believe so. Let Volkov tell you the whole story himself in time."

Alexei's right. Maybe in time. All I know is that Nikolai is hurting. I decided to let it go.

"How about you Alexei. How did you and Nikolai know each other?

"My father was Vyacheslav's right hand. He was the only person whom Vyacheslav would trust with his life. My father died together with Vyacheslav. Nikolai and I grew up together. Were like brothers. I trust Nikolai with my life same as Nikolai trusts me with his."