Chapter 8. I'm Ready Baby, Happy Birthday!

Alexei brought me in a restaurant called Dile'. When we arrived, two huge men wearing black long sleeves were waiting for us outside the door. Alexei got out of the car first and instructed me to wait for him to get me before going out. Sometimes I think that Volkov Holdings has too much enemies, that would explain the level of security Nikolai employs.

"Let's go princess. Do you like steak?"

I'm a meat lover, steak is my holy grail but I don't feel like eating because I cant stop thinking about Dylan. I didn't mean to hurt him. I have to see him to explain myself.

"Hey, are you okay?" Said Alexei while crinkling his eyebrows.

"Uhh yah, let's go inside."

The restaurant looks empty and only a few lights are on. We are greeted by a woman, perhaps in her late twenties, her hair is golden blonde, her lipstick is blood red and she's wearing a blue dress that makes her boobs pop like watermelons. I think this woman is experiencing some major back aches at the end of the day considering her skinny figure. I too am well endowed so I can confirm that the struggle is real. Like the realest.

Her full attention is on Alexei. Hmmmm...I think these two are something. This should be fun!

"I heard that you were coming so I volunteered to serve you personally Alex." The woman has a thick Russian accent. She was about to move closer to Alexei but he dismissed her by raising his hand in front of her, signalling not to move any closer.

The woman looked surprised and the pain of rejection is painted all over her face.

Alexei grabbed the small of my back while we walked towards the table prepared for us in the middle of the restaurant. The woman walked behind us and I saw from the corner of my eye that she's looking at me like she's going to pound at me anytime. Geeez, you're barking at the wrong tree, girl!

While we are already seated, the woman is standing right next to Alexei. "Your food will be ready in just a while. Do you need anything else?"

"I will let you know if we need anything. Leave." Alexei dismissed her.

Wow, I have never seen Alexei like this before.

"Of course." She glared at me one last time before leaving our table. The hell, girl? I feel bad that Alexei is treating her like this but what's up with the act?

While Alexei is busy on his phone, I decided to text Dylan.

Dy, I want to see you. Let me explain, please

He still did not reply so I called Amy and asked if she knows where Dylan might be. Amy texted me the location of the gym where Dylan trains. I am going to see him later. I don't want my friendship with Dylan be put to waste by some stupid misunderstanding.

Our food arrived moments later, it was the chef who delivered the food to us. And boy, it was the most delicious steak I have ever had, hands down!

"Hey Alexei, can we kidnap the chef? Let's bring him home. Don't worry Ill take care of him. Please?" I batt my eyelashes to him.

"Haha! You don't have to kidnap him. He works for us. The boss owns this place."

"Oh." Wow, Nikolai owns a lot, including my heart. Ayeeeeee....sooo cheesy.. if only Alexei can read my mind right now.

"Oh by the way, it's the Boss' birthday tomorrow, I just thought you would want to know."

My mouth parted, "And you're just telling me now? Oh my god Alexei!!!"

I suddenly panicked. It's Nikolai's birthday tomorrow and I did not even know. What kind of a girlfriend am I? And I don't have a gift in mind yet. What do I give a man who has practically everything? Ughh!