Chapter XII [M]

Lisa were fidgeting on her seat, beside her was Jennie who was looking straight at their parents on front. Lisa was nervous in front of Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Sure, she was close with them but it's different now.

Jennie is her girlfriend and she wasn't able to ask for a proper permission to ask for her to court Jennie. And now that they are officially together, and in front of Jennie's parents, Lisa felt like she's going to vomit any moment now due to her nervousness.

Contrary to her girlfriend, Jennie sat there composed. She wasn't nervous, nothing at all.

Mr. and Mrs. Manoban were all smiles but her parents looked at them with no emotion at all. But Jennie wasn't afraid of that look. She, of all people know that. She mastered that look for almost all her life now.

Jennie cleared her throat, her left hand reached for Lisa's under the table. Lisa's hands were cold, she almost laughed at her girlfriend. Jennie thought Lisa was adorable.

"Stop scaring my girlfriend mom, dad." Jennie said, "She's cold as ice." Jennie chuckled.

But Lisa wasn't paying attention. Lisa's gaze was at their joint hands. She did not see the smile forming on Jennie's parents faces.

"What's wrong Lisa?" Mr. Kim asked, chuckling at the young girl in front of her.

"You scared her, Kim." Marco said exasperatedly, Mr. Kim just rolled his eyes to his bestfriend.

Sure, they were shocked at the sudden news their daughters told. Not because they did not want it, hell they want them together. But because, no one expected that Jennie would actually fall for Lisa.

They know the feline eyed girl. Sure, Jennie was fond of Lisa, but they thought it was just a sisterly adoration, since Jennie is an only child.

"It's okay, hon. My husband was just playing around." Mrs. Kim cooed.

Only then Lisa raised her head, she looked at the couple. They were smiling warmly at her. Lisa heaved a sigh of relief when she saw the familiar look on their faces. It was warm and welcoming.

"Now, now. Let's set the official date?" Mr. Kim asked Marco Manoban which the latter nodded, smiling.

Their wives didn't mind their husbands as they talked to Jennie. Merely asking how she was and their other friends. Telling the younger girl to invite them over some other time to catch up.

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows at the two old men.

"What date?" She voiced her concern.

"Why, your wedding, of course!" Mr. Kim exclaimed, garnering a couple of stares at the restaurant, but they didn't mind.

Lisa's eyes widened at the sudden outburst, she looked around only to see eyes staring at their table and then there's Jennie.

Jennie looked at her, as if reading her mind. She wasn't shocked as she was, it almost felt like Jennie expected this. Jennie raised her eyebrow at Lisa which made the younger gulped.

Jennie's stare was like warning her. One wrong answer and she's dead.

If that's Jennie's reaction, then that only means that she wanted to marry her, right?

"Don't tell me, you don't plan on marrying my daughter, Lisa?" Mr. Kim's voice was menacing, it was deep. He was warning Lisa.

Lisa shook her head vigorously; her hands shake in front of her to emphasize what she meant.

Taking a deep breath, Lisa's face turned serious. She looked at Jennie again who was just looking at her, waiting.

"Believe me, Mr. Kim." Lisa reached for Jennie's hand that was resting on the table, she caressed her thumb on the back of her hand. "It's always been my dream to be with Jennie and make her my wife."