Chapter XIV

Jennie's POV:

It's been a year, our child turned 1 this year yet still, we couldn't grasp the fact that my Lisa is gone. I remember it so vividly when that particular day happened. My whole world came crushing down, and it felt like death sucked the light out of me.

Flashback...

Our daughter just turned 2 months this day and we're having a mini celebration at our house. Our friends have already arrived, as well as my parents and Lisa's. But Lisa is still nowhere to be found. She called earlier to inform me that she's on her way but it's been 30 minutes and I'm starting to panic.

Our office were just 15 minute drive away from our house, she should've been here already.

"Where's Lisa?" My dad asked, as I was tending my daughter, changing her diapers. She was wiggly that made it hard for me to change.

"Stay still, baby." I said in a soft voice. Ella has my eyes but besides that, she got it all from her dada. I smiled.

"She's on her way dad." I remembered to answer my dad.

"Well, she better be. We still have to talk something about the stocks in our company." He said.

I sighed,

"Dad, it's Ella's second month. Could you please not talk about business, just this night."  I lifted Ella up and gently rocked her, she smiled.

"Alright," Dad said and kissed me on my forehead. "I'm so proud for the both of you." He said as he smiles softly, his eyes were full of happiness. I smiled.

We exit the room and went downstairs where everybody is. They were already having fun, mostly talking and drinking. My friends and our parents were busily talking to each other, completely engulfed in their conversation. Laughing here and there.

Mom and Lisa's mom were enjoying Amber's presence, I saw Jisoo and Seulg pouting. I chuckled, they must have been scolded again.

"Hey," I caught their attention and they immediately rushed to us.

"Awwww, there's our baby. So cute!" They gasped as they swarmed over us, Ella stared at them, then her brows slowly knitted, then she started crying.

"Hush, now baby." I rocked her gently as I kissed her forehead. "I think she doesn't like you." I told them which they rolled their eyes and scoffed.

"She got your attitude. Lisa must be having a hard time." Seulg said. I glared at her.

"Now, now. Give me my granddaughter." Mrs. Manoban said and reached her arm out to get Ella. I give her to Mrs. Manoban, Ella was surprisingly calm as her grandma held her.

"Hello there, angel." My mom gently poked Ella's cheek which made her mouth opened as if looking for her milk. My mom giggled.

We were startled by the ringing of my phone. I fished it out of my pocket thinking it might be Lisa. But it was unknown, I answered it anyway.

"Hello."

The background was all noise...

"Is this Ms. Jennie Kim?" A man asked

"Mrs. but yes. Is there anything I can help you with?" Confused, I answered. My heart was slowly and surprisingly beating hard.

"Hello, Mrs. Jennie. I need you to come at the police station near ***** right now. This is about your... wife."