|| Okay, Now That Was Rude. ||

You found yourself pacing in your room, trying to hold back any tears or signs of weakness. A lump had formed in your throat, and a pressure behind your eyes. You could feel the heat rapidly growing as you sniffled, fanning yourself off to calm down.

You sat down on your bed, taking in deep breaths.

That's when you heard the knock on your door.

20 MINUTES EARLIER.

With a heavy sigh, you flipped through the different channels on the TV.  "Nope, nope, nope...." you spoke, a 'nope' with each new channel attempt.

Growing bored of this aimless trend, you sat back up and switched the netflix. Maybe something on there you could watch?

Your prayers were answered as you stumbled upon an anime you had yet to watch: The Promised Neverland.

You clicked a few buttons on your black TV remote, your eyes scanning the screen as you read the synopsis.

You heard a few footsteps coming through the doorway behind you. Not caring, you continued reading.

A weight settled down next to you, pulling the couch cushions down slightly. Turning to your right, Ink sat there, his eyes following yours to the screen.

However, something was a bit... off.

"..Uh, hey Ink," you spoke with a smile. "Whatsup?"

He just shrugged, which didn't seem like him either.

"Something up?"

"Huh? Oh, no, not really," he responded coldly.

You went back to reading, but you couldn't help your gaze continuously being drawn back to him. After a few minutes of just staring at the screen, insecurities pounding through your mind, you spoke up. "Ink, you good?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He turned to you, responding almost robotically.

You sighed. "Okay, I don't know what it is, but something is definitely up. As your friend, I wanna make sure you're ok."

He stared blankly at you, before letting out a small chuckle. "...Wait, 'friends?'"

Your brows turned upwards in confusion, as you waited for him to continue. "Umm..."

"We're... You think we're friends?" He gave you a small smile, but something wasn't right. "I've never had 'friends.'"

"I... What do you mean?" You spoke, your voice quivering. "We hang out a lot, and remember that one time at the park?? I told you so many things.." You paised, before regaining some determination. "Of course we're friends!! What are you talking about?" You chuckled halfheartedly.

"You told me those things because you trusted me?"

"Umm... yeah?"

He let out another scoff. "You do realize, I don't really care, right?"

You just sat facing him, frozen in place, as you attempted to process what he was saying.

"I don't like you. We aren't friends." He smiled hollowly.

And you just sat there.

Frozen in place.