|| Tacos?!? ||

(ALERT: MINI CHAPTER BECAUSE I CAN!)

*******

"You want me to do what?" You blinked, wondering if you had heard your hyperactive skeleton friend correctly.

"COOK TACOS, OF COURSE!" Blue proudly shot you a thumbs up.

"I'm not actually sure how good I would be at that," You questioned nervously. "I've probably only made tacos... twice, in my lifetime."

"THAT'S ALRIGHT HUMAN. I CAN TEACH YOU OF COURSE!"

You wanted to argue, but decided not to. "Sounds good. When are we cooking?"

"NOW, OBVIOUSLY!" He excitedly grabbed your arm, and buoyantly dragged you to the kitchen, despite your protests.

"Wait, now??? It's just past lunch! Oh, hey, quit it- That hurts!"

"APOLOGIES, HUMAN! BUT IT MUST BE DONE!" He apologized, letting go of your arm, and walked over to the fridge. He opened it, and gathered a few assorted ingredients.

"Do you have a recipe?" You watched him as he laid a few vegetables on a cutting board. 

"NOPE!" He shouted. "BUT I DO HAVE MY MEMORY! ALPHYS TAUGHT ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW!"

"Who's Alphys?"

He hesitated for a moment, and for a split second his smile faltered, before he brightened back up. "OH! JUST A FRIEND FROM BACK HOME," He said, his tone hollow.

". . ." You didn't respond, and he didn't elaborate.

He turned around, facing you. "OKAY HUMAN! COME OVER HERE AND WATCH CLOSELY!" He beckoned, and you followed him. "NOW, WATCH AS I PREPARE THE VEGETABLES!"

You watched closely, but then jumped back in shock as he violently began to annihilate the vegetables. "Woah, dude calm down!!!" 

"WHAT IS IT?" He faced you, vegetable guts all over his fists. 

"You- Okay, I may not know much about cooking, but oh my god! That's a little aggressive, don't you think???"

"NONSENSE!" 

AAAAAND he went back to destroying the veggies.

"Hold on, hold on. . ." You gently grabbed his wrist, pulling it away from the cutting board. "Look, you should approach this calmly. Watch me for a second, 'Kay?" You cocked your head and gave him a smile, softly pulling his hands away from the board.

He stared at you for a second, a hint of blue creeping up his skull as his gaze flew to his wrist, then back to you. "OKAY, HUMAN!" He smiled.

You smiled back, and went to the opposite counter to grab a knife. After returning, you grabbed one of the saved vegetables, delicately yet precisely cutting them into tiny pieces. "See? It turns out a lot more exact when you cut it like this, although I'm not the greatest at it."

He stared at you for a moment, and you beckoned for him to try. He reluctantly picked up the knife, his eyes on you. He turned to the chopping board, and began to mimic your previous movements.

"See? You do it even better than I do!" You smiled at him.

He stared back at you, the blue blush on his cheeks growing by the minute. He spoke in a softer tone for the first time, and smiled. "Thankyou, (Y/n)."

*******

(yeah ik its less than 500 words but it is really cute so shush >w<)

also, TYSM FOR 900+ READS! I feel like every time I release a chapter there's 100 more reads... you all are spoiling me so much aaaa

(edit: i kinda was like.. "screw it idc" when posting this so there were a few revisions I just made after reading back!)