[62] time is on my side

Start from the beginning

Donna put her hand over Izzy's to calm her a little. "I- I mean, damn, you guys! I got homesick within two nights when we went to California, I don't know how I'll survive a year four thousand miles away!" She put her head in her hands, shutting her eyes tightly. "What if I just turn it down? We could all forget about this and move on with our mediocre lives."

"Okay, no." Jackie huffed. "You are not throwing away something this amazing because of guilt!" Izzy looked up to see Jackie's hands on her hips. "Steven will come around. And if he doesn't? Screw him!"

"But he will," Donna said reassuringly.

"But he will!" Jackie repeated.

Donna laughed. "And I agree, Kelso and Fez probably don't understand what's happening. But Eric is already super excited for you, and so are we. Your parents, Hyde... keep giving them time, and they'll come to terms with it." Donna poked Izzy's shoulder. "And if they don't, you go to France anyway. Send your mom some macarons and wine, send your dad some D-Day souvenirs, and send Hyde some sexy polaroids. Everything will be fine."

Izzy took a breath and nodded. "Thank you."

"Okay, now back to Donna's hair!" Jackie said, clapping her hands together excitedly.

Donna pinched the bridge of her nose, chuckling. "Jackie, Izzy's having a crisis, we can talk about my hair later."

Izzy rolled her eyes. "Come on, Donna. My crisis is dealt with for now, so we move on. How often in someone's life do they go blonde for the first time ever? And with your complexion? Trust me, it's gonna look great,"

Donna shook her head, laughing at the two girls. "It's weird, I actually feel different."

"Well, now that you're not getting married, you have to energize yourself spiritually," Jackie said. "And making superficial changes is the best way to do that."

The kitchen door opened, and in walked Eric, donning his favorite sweater vest. As soon as he entered the room with a quick, "Hello!" Jackie reacted with a loud, "Eugh!"

She paused, looking around at the shocked faces of the others. "Oh, come on! A sweater vest?!"

"Jackie," Donna said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Izzy laughed. "If she followed that rule, she'd never speak again."

"Then again, that's kind of the idea," Eric mumbled.

"Hey!" Jackie said. "Fine, fine. I'm going." Before she made it out the door, she took a breath and turned back to face Eric. "You look like a circus poodle!"

As soon as the door closed behind her, Eric turned to Izzy. "What's poppin?"

"Oh, you know," Donna responded. "Izzy's just contemplating whether or not she should go to France, while Jackie and I talked about sexy polaroids and blonde hair."

Eric raised his eyebrows. "Sexy polaroids, you say?"

Izzy practically jumped out of her seat. "Okay, that's my queue to leave! Adios, everyone!"

"Don't you mean au revoir?" Eric snickered.

"Shut up!"

-

The following afternoon, Izzy, Hyde, Kelso, and Fez all exited Hyde's bedroom to find Eric and Donna sitting on the couch.

"Alright!" Kelso cheered. "Eric traded in Donna for a hot blonde!" Donna turned to look at Kelso, and he jumped in surprise. "Oh, crap. She looks exactly like Donna!"