[71] that 70s finale

That 70s Finale

Izzy sat in the back of the taxi, picking at her nail polish. She wasn't far from home now, having just gotten off the plane a little while ago. The cab driver was trying to make small talk, and Izzy was trying to pretend she didn't know him.

"How's Eric doing? Man, I can't believe it's been nearly four years since he worked with us! And how long ago did you apply?" She opened her mouth to respond, but was too slow. "Three years ago? Man, I told ya--Fatso Burger never forgets a face!" He paused. "Course, I haven't worked with Fatso in almost a year after the incident where I..." There was a pause. "She said she was eighteen." He glanced at her through his rearview mirror. He cleared his throat. "Anyway, lawsuits are expensive! But hey, if you're ever lookin' for a job-"

"This is it." Izzy said loudly, cutting him off.

It wasn't it. They were still down the block from her house, but man, if she had to spend one more minute listening to this creep...

He stopped the cab. "Okay, then!" He leaned out his window, watching as she pulled her suitcase out of the trunk. "Happy New Year's Eve! See you around, friend!"

Izzy pulled out a few crumpled up bills and threw them in his window. "No, you won't." She stood on the sidewalk until he drove off, waited a few more seconds to make sure he was really gone, and then set off down the block.

A few houses down, she could see the familiar glimmer of warm, comforting light that she had known all her life. Just the glimpse of it gave her butterflies in her stomach and made the luggage she was holding feel a million times heavier.

What was she about to come home to?

She had no idea.

She knew some things. Like how Eric and Donna had broken up. She knew about Donna and Randy, some guy who Hyde had hired to work at Grooves. She knew Jackie had moved to Chicago with Nick, and she knew that Kelso had moved there as well for Betsy. Hyde was now the proud owner of the last Grooves left standing, and she was...

She was home.

"Izzy!" She heard someone shriek. The sliding door flew open, and Fez nearly tripped over his own feet running across the driveway to her. She dropped her bag and laughed, preparing herself for the bear hug that she knew was about to happen.

"Fez!" She laughed, letting his smell of peppermint, salon shampoo, and bubblegum wash over her. "Good morning, buddy, I missed you!"

"You as well, it has been so wonky here without you."

He broke away from the hug, and Izzy was able to see more people joining them. She walked over to her parents first, and they both engulfed her with a hug and greeted her hello.

Kitty smiled at Izzy, looking her up and down. "Your hair is so long," she breathed.

Izzy laughed. "My host family has a six year old. She loves braiding hair, so I like to keep it long for her."

Red put his hand on her shoulder. "It's good to have you here, Isabelle."

"It's good to be here, Daddy." She turned to see her brother, who was standing proudly, hand-in-hand with Donna. "Whoa!" She laughed. "When did this happen?"

Eric grinned. "When I came home yesterday."

Izzy thought for a second, then leaned in. "So what happened with Randy?" She whispered loudly to Donna.

She gave a half smile. "It didn't work out. Sorry I didn't tell you, I just-"

"Don't worry about it, Big Red," she paused, and she couldn't help but smile. "Man, it's so great seeing you two back together. Course, I never really saw you apart. Except for when you broke up. You know what I mean."