Shantel and got married three years ago. They also share a baby boy named Isiah, who's two years old. Nicolas is very good to her and her kids. He even adopted Heavenly And Aiden which took us both by surprise. Of course their father was more than happy to give away his rights though, that asshole.

My sister Armani is also engaged with a one year old little girl named Everly. Her fiancé, Zac is a high school teacher which is how they met because Armani is a school counselor for the same school. She's very smart and is a great mother.

On the other hand, Aubrey is a college student and decided to major in nursing. Her mother says she's following in my footsteps which makes me happy because we have grown so close to each other over the years.

"Mommy!". I hear Gracie yell.

"She's lying mommy don't believe her!". Nas yells at the top of his lungs as he jumps onto my bed, Gracie climbs up next.

"What happened?" I ask them as I wake up from my bed.

"He called me a skinny ass little girl".

"Nas, you know not to cuss, especially at your sister". I sternly say to him.

"But she just repeated the same thing I said, doesn't that mean she's in trouble too?".

"Oh come here Mr. smart mouth, the both of you". I tackle both of them. These two were always fighting, but at the end of the day they love each other just as much as I love them both.

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

"So what did you want to tell me?". I ask Shantel as we make our way back to my house.

"It's a surprise, I can't tell you yet". She replies keeping her eye on the road.

"No fun". I turn up the Radio and she turns it back down. "What is your problem?".

"When's the last time you visited Damien?". She asks plainly ignoring my question.

"I seen him two days ago". I sigh out loud. "But let's just drop that entire question because I don't want to get emotional". And there was silence in the car again.

            I visit him as much as I can. I don't have a lot of free time on my hands but when I do, I make sure he's apart of it as well as spending time with all four of my kids. Because we didn't get married, we weren't allowed conjugal visits, which made us more frustrated. We wanted to say forget the wedding and have a small one with a priest at the jail, but it wouldn't be the same.

         Gracie's biological mother Carmen, pops up from here and there. But since I don't trust her alone with Grace, I'm always there to supervise their visit. Sometimes she cusses me out about Grace calling her Carmen and me mommy but she lost that title years ago.

The hospital has also been short staffed for a few months now, so I have been working extra long hours. Though it pays me really well and I'm happy to save lives. It also takes away from my life with my kids.

I twist the engagement ring on my finger and look out of the window. "I'm scared of doing this by myself forever, I'm scared we will lose our connection". I confess to Shantel. "I have waited five years for him, I was there through it all".

"Yes, you really have, you are a strong woman Summer".

"I was there when they sentenced him to ten years, when they took him away and the only thing that stood between us was a glass shield and telephone". I wipe the escaping tears. "I gave birth to the twins by myself, I had to take care of four kids by myself and no I'm not complaining but it's so hard".

She pulls into the driveway of my house and turns to me. "You had to be tough not only for your kids but yourself as well, I remember those phone calls with you crying on the phone to me saying how much you wanted to give up but did you?".

"No, I didn't". I shook my head.

"Because you are a damn good mother and a damn good person and that's just facts, Damien misses you and he loves you and nothing will change that".

"I know, I love him and miss him too". I look and see that my father and sister were at my house along with Nicolas car parked in the driveway. "Let's just hurry inside with the pizza, they must be starving".

        Once we got inside, I place the box of pizza on the kitchen counter, Along with my car keys and purse. The house is awfully quiet which isn't what I was expecting. Shantel brings in the rest of the snacks and puts them on the dining table.

"They must be outside". She says to me as she walks towards the back yard.

           I follow behind her. Once I was outside I seen everyone staring back at me. And then in the middle of the yard, surrounded by all of our kids was Damien. My eyes grew big as the kids run up to hug me.

"Daddy's home mommy!". Na'sir screams excitedly.

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

          After the welcoming home party. Damien and I spent some time with our kids. Seeing them interact with their dad was absolutely amazing. When it came around their bedtime, they all piled into our king sized bed.

"That was the last of them". Damien says as he enters back into our room from placing all the kids inside their rooms and into their beds.

"Was it easy?". I ask him as I sit up into the bed.

"Hell no, I don't know what you be feeding them kids but they are greedy as hell". We both laugh as he guided himself into the bed next to me.

         I scoot over to him and he quickly embraces me into a tight hug. He felt warm and smelled so good. I can't believe Shantel and my family kept this from me. It was truly a surprise though.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me you were coming here today". I snuggle into his chest. "I don't care though because I'm just happy to see you".

"I'm happy to see you too, you haven't changed one bit, still sexy as ever". He compliments me. "And you really held it down for me".

I sit up and look at him. "You didn't think I was going to?".

He gets up and cups my face. "Summer, of course I knew you would hold it down for me, you love me just as much as I love you". He places a simple kiss on my lips. "You did a wonderful job raising our kids, you have a great support system too".

I wrap my arms around his neck. "Let me make your welcome home, even more welcome".

He smirks. "Okay and after let's finish planning our wedding so I can finally marry your sexy ass".

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

Next up is the Epilogue. I'm going to miss these characters like crazy but all good things must come to an end.

Thank you all so much for the love and support of this book, truly appreciate it so much . ❤️

If you liked this book this is your chance to go back and vote on the previous chapters including this one.

Read, comment , vote and follow ‼️