"Ash and I will take as much pressure off you as we can,"

"I appreciate that, a lot,"

"You can make friends on the cancer ward,"

"Who will die,"

"Not necessarily,"

"Am I gonna get the best doctors? Because you can't work on me and you're the head of paediatrics,"

"I have some brilliant residents, do not worry. Ash will be using his more anyway. You're a kid, but you're on the cancer ward and that's more important,"

"What if I get in an accident and you are the only person who knows what to do?"

"I am not, I have taught people!"

"But what if?"

"I know who to trust,"

She parked on a quieter street and beckoned me out the car, taking my hand. My outfit wasn't very fitting for the streets we were walking through, but at this point I didn't care. I looked like trash and I felt like trash.

We entered a deli and joined the queue, Kaykay trying to encourage me to get something extravagant. Instead, I settled for a ham and cheese toastie with a smoothie that I probably couldn't handle.

"Thankyou , for trying,"

"Guess I have to keep my body going,"

"That's the spirit,"

"Do you think I'll still look good bald?"

"I think you will always look beautiful no matter what,"

"Lame,"

"Hey," she giggled, "I am new to this,"

"Clearly,"

We paid for the food and I waited for it to be heated, then we took it back to the car and I began to eat it.

Admittedly, the smell of it did lure me in, and it was the hungriest I had felt in a while. Perhaps some of it was anxiety about not knowing what was wrong, though I still had plenty of anxiety about my diagnosis.

"We have pain meds for you, and lots of vitamins. I'll sit with you and we can order comfy clothes soon,"

"Thanks,"

"Perhaps get rid of some of your clothes that don't fit, we can give them to charity,"

"Okay. That's most of them,"

"More new clothes," she winked, "How is the food?"

"Good,"

"It's mine and Ashton's favourite place. He proposed to me there,"

"What?"

"Yeah, it's where we first met. Since it's not too far from the hospital we sometimes grab lunch,"

"Oh. That's nice,"

"Proposals don't have to be big,"

"I am not judging,"

"I wouldn't have wanted it any other way,"

Soon, we arrived home and headed inside the house. It was chilly, so she put the heating on and wrapped a blanket round me and sat me down.

Grabbing her own lunch, she sat beside me and turned the tv on, flopping her head on my shoulder.

"I love you,"

"I love you too," I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I love you,"

"Adorable!"

"Never call me adorable. We look the same, and I am not,"

"We look alike huh?"

"Yeah,"

"Wonder why,"

"You're so mean!"

This time she giggled and shook her head, putting a blanket over herself. Sitting in the living room was new to me, honestly, but I liked it.

Their sofa was squishy and soft, and their tv was huge. It was propped on a stand and there were candles, and small vintage ornaments.

"Your house is cool,"

"Thanks,"

"Where do you find this stuff?"

"Thrifting, and markets, usually. We do have lives,"

"Cool,"

"Are we down with the kids?"

"I'd hope you are, but anyone who asks if they're down with the kids is not down with the kids,"

"Damn, I thought I would be,"

"You were, until you said that,"

"Screw you,"

I smiled and curled into her side, sighing as she hugged me. It was nice. My hard feelings had pretty much vanished.

If I had this life, I wouldn't want mum and dad trying to take it away. To live in solitude with their arguing.

"I don't get why they did it to us,"

"Because they are scared of the world. They want to protect us, but we wanna explore and adventure so it didn't work. We aren't like them,"

"Good,"

"Gosh, I know this sucks, but we will try and make it fun still, okay?"

"Good luck,"

"I don't need it,"