Chapter 12 - Say Please

[Tay's POV]

"Any luck?" I called Jess while she drove back over to my house.

"Not really." I sighed between her words. "She said that she isn't going to do anything until she hears all of this from you."

"Son of a bitch!"

"I don't really blame her, Tay. I'd probably react the same way."

"I know," I groaned. "I just really don't even know how to begin to ask her to forgive me. I'm going to be a sobbing, hyperventilating mess in front of her. And then who the fuck would want me after seeing all of that?"

"I know I would," Jess replied. She made me laugh a little, which I needed. "Tay, listen to me. You need to go and talk to her. At least say that you're sorry. Just say something to her!"

"You know how many times I apologized while she was swatting at me and yelling? I could barely get all of my clothes back on before she chased me out of her house."

Jess didn't reply right away. "So... you guys really haven't spoken about it at all?"

"I told you! After it happened, she threw me out. I can still hear her damn voice ringing in my ears, Jess. 'Taylor Kathleen! I never want to see you again! I never want to speak to you again! Get out! GET OUT!'" I did my best to replicate Jenna's accent. It didn't go over too well considering Jess laughed at me.

"I'm sorry. That was probably scary and awful."

"You think?"

"Fuck off, Tay. Anyway, I'm almost there. See you in a few."

"All right."

Well, Tay. It looks like you are going to have to make up a game plan. You might need some help, too. I decided to call for the only other people I really trusted.

Me: Hey. Can you come over?

Jor: Be there in a minute.

Alexa: Yeah sure! I'll leave soon.

When Jess came back, I let her know that Jordan and Alexa were coming over to help us out. 

"You know, even though we're all friends now and stuff, sometimes I still think Alexa might just kick my ass one day."

"Oh my god, why?" I chuckled. "That thing about Lynn happened forever ago!"

"Yeah," she replied as she poured herself a glass of juice. "But she just gives me that vibe."

"You're crazy, Jess."

"Oh yeah. Crazy about you, Jardine." Well, that was sly.

"Get out of here with that!" I swatted at her playfully.

It didn't take long for them to show up. Jordan didn't live far from me, and Alexa arrived a few minutes after him.

"All right, what's the plan?" We were all sitting around the island in the kitchen.

"I..." I hesitated. What was the plan? "I don't entirely know yet, but that is what you lovely people are here to help me with!"

"Smooth, Jardine." Alexa laughed. "Well, what do you think you should do? Just show up on her doorstep saying that you're sorry and you want to be with her?"

"I'm not so sure that will work." Jordan was the one talking this time. "I mean, of course it didn't work when Jess did it because Jen wants to hear from you... but I feel like it should be more than you just begging for forgiveness."