shawn's present (non-au)

wc: 640 words - idk if this is obvious or not, but this is not true, this is not confirmed, nothing about this is real, but it was just a random thought i had and turned into banter. enjoy.

"What is that?" Lauren asks, letting Camila into her house, "It's big."

Camila toys with the large box before placing it down on the counter and hopping up to sit next to it, "Shawn wanted me to give it to you. Said it's some kind of consolation for writing a bunch of lackluster love songs or something."

"Mhm," Lauren nods, toying with the opening on it, "I'll open it later."

"What do you have to eat? I haven't had shit all day." Camila asks, looking around Lauren's kitchen as the older girl walks to the fridge.

"Well, if we could be seen in public together or there wasn't a pandemic, I'd suggest we go out and get something." Lauren says, looking around in her fridge, "Because I haven't gone out to get food."

"Order a pizza," Camila pleads, "Please? I had to tough through getting out of my neighborhood without being noticed by dickhead paparazzi, the least you could do is order me a pizza."

"Just you?" Lauren asks, closing the fridge and looking back at Camila.

"Mhm," Camila nods.

Lauren closes her eyes for a second, clearly thinking before responding, "Okay, so you brought a suspicious box to my house, told me that your not-boyfriend is giving it to me, and then demanded for food."

Camila nods again, "Yes."

"You're insane."

"Dinah would get me the pizza."

Lauren laughs, "Dinah would tell you tough shit."

"No she wouldn't!" Camila pouts.

"Have you met Dinah?"

"Actually, I lived with her, remember that?" Camila sticks her tongue out at Lauren.

Lauren laughs again, "And your guys' apartment would've fallen apart had it not been for Ally."

"Well it's not my fault the label was like, hey, let's stick the two youngest and most irresponsible members together, that'll go well." Camila retorts, waving her arms around as if to prove her point.

"Camz, you slept in my apartment half the time anyway because Dinah snored." Lauren responds, her arms crossed over her chest.

Camila snorts, "Hah, yeah, I did."

Lauren rolls her eyes, "What's in the box?"

"Are you going to order a pizza?" Camila changes the subject and Lauren groans.

"What's in the consolation box, Camila?"

"Oh, Camila, oh no, am I in trouble?" She mocks, and she watches as Lauren almost leaves the room before pointing at the front door.

"Get out of my house."

Camila stays on the counter, a smile played on her lips, "You love me."

"I hate you."

"Oh yeah, totally, that's why you let me in your house." Lauren leans back against the counter, and Camila just smirks, "Order the pizza."

"I'm going to kill you."

"If you did, first of all, it'd be a whole camren conspiracy. Camila Cabello, found dead in singer Lauren Jauregui's house. Rumors say she finally wanted to put the camren rumors to rest!" Camila exclaims, "And second of all, you'd be arrested, and horny boys on the internet would be like wow hot girl in prison. And third of all, the reason you actually care about, you won't be able to bother your fans with no album."

Lauren groans, "Oh my god, you've heard half of it already, chill out."

"Is there another half?" Camila teases.

"If I order the pizza will you shut up and tell me what's in the box?"

"Yes!"

Lauren finally pulls her phone out of her pocket, "Fine, I'll order the pizza."

"Oh yeah, you kinda have to post it on your story. Just for my enjoyment." Camila adds, and Lauren looks up for a second to give her a look best explained with what the fuck.

"Because you're spending the holidays freezing your balls off?"

"Don't worry, Lo, it's Canada, the snow wouldn't do that to me, it's too nice. Maybe I'll bring you some Canadian snow to make you nicer to me." Camila replies, and Lauren snorts.

"What does it do, compliment me?"

"It should!" Camila exclaims, "That's such a good idea for a Disney movie."

"You're insane."

"You love me."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

Lauren finally cracks a smile, "...Okay fine I guess I do."