we're getting the band back together! [prlg]

wc: 1700 - i'm planning on this being a short story (maybe like five parts altogether?) but who knows this could become a whole ass book anyway here's the set up! (it's more of what i posted last night, just the complete version with some edits. totally worth the reread imo)

It's four years after Fifth Harmony's broken up that Dinah Jane Hansen is found in an In'n'Out down the road from the studio she's been working at all day.

She's waiting for her food and scrolling through her phone, the post she's reading now something about Fifth Harmony's tenth anniversary. She knows it's coming up, but truthfully, she hasn't thought about it much. It's just another year since she was in a girl group, she barely talks to the other girls aside from Normani now.

(She hasn't even talked to Normani in a month now, she's so busy with her album release.)

"153!"

She snaps her head up and slides her phone in her back pocket, grabbing her food off the counter and murmuring thanks to the worker.

She leaves the restaurant, heading back toward the studio. It's busy out, duh, it's LA, but thanks to the cap she put on and some sunglasses, she's made herself kind of inconspicuous.

Dinah's waiting at an intersection when her phone buzzes in her pocket.

She pulls it out, seeing it's a mystery number calling her. It's probably spam, and it's not long before the thought of answering and pretending she's the FBI crosses through her head.

Her response is planned as she picks up, but it feels like ice water was thrown down her back when she hears the voice on the other end.

"Is this Dinah?"

Her throat's dry as she responds, "Um, yes? Who's this?"

"Camila."

-

"Sit still."

Normani relaxes and plays with her hands, trying to ignore the fact that she's about to do (what will probably be) another draining interview about her album with the same recycled questions that she's answered sixty times already.

She's finally cleared by her makeup artist (which doesn't mean much because she knows she's going to get touchups in the next ten minutes leading up to the actual interview) and she gets out of the chair, walking around the dressing room and grabbing her phone.

There's a handful of texts, one from her dad wishing her luck, something from her friend about meeting up soon, and then a whole slew of texts from Dinah.

dinah
WHY DID U GIVE MILA MY PHONE NUMBER

dinah
cOULD U NOT HAVE WARNED ME

dinah
I WAS AT IN N OUT I COULD HAVE DROPPED MY FOOD

normani
whoops?

dinah
whoops my ass

dinah
also why r u two conspiring about a reunion without me???

normani
we were just thinking about it we don't know if anything's going to be cleared by july to actually do it

dinah
well it'd help if u fucking got me on board

normani
please i knew you'd be on board smh

dinah
what if i had plans??? hmm?? think about that hamilton???

normani
plans with what? your album??

dinah
ill have u know i'm in the studio rn