Chapter 54 - Why does every plan get somone locked up?

Start from the beginning

"Oh, thank you Sir genius!" You smile.

Sabastian sees you and trots over.

"Hey, buddy! Could you do us a favour and I'll promise to get you some apples from the gardens tonight?"

Sabastian nods.

"Oh thank you so much! Could you take Varian back to old Corona? He will appreciate it!" You pet his head.

Varian gets on Sabastian.

"I'll see you two later then..." you smile.

"Yeah... could you come in the next few days to old corona??"

You nod.

"Alright, then I'll cya later!"

You wave and watch them go before walking up Rapunzel's room.

-
-
-
You're next to Rapunzel trying your hardest not to laugh at Pascal with a rose in his mouth.

"You know, Blondie, you might wanna start coming up with lion designs for that archway. I think that idea got some real traction with your dad."

"I'm sure the king loved your idea. You do realize he was just being polite, and probably didn't wanna call you a nitwit to your face." Cass smirks.

Rapunzel gets out of her chair, "Cass! If my dad didn't like Eugene's ideas, I think he would just say so."

"Yeah! And he's never been shy about calling me names to my face before." Eugene smiles.

"Well, before you go and have your royal advisor nameplate made up, you should probably know that whenever the king wants to ignore an idea, he always says, "I'll take it under advisement."

"Ha! Shows what you know! I clearly remember him saying, "I'll"..." Eugene stops talking.

"Oh, no! He does think I'm a nitwit!"

"And there it is!"

"This changes everything! I cannot have a father-in-law who doesn't take me seriously!" Eugene freaks.

"Why not? No one else takes you seriously."

You burst out laughing making Eugene annoyed.

Rapunzel stares at you then turns around to Eugene, "That's not true, Eugene. My dad thinks very highly of you. Though, maybe there are times you could be a bit more selective about the kinds of things you suggest to him. He is the king, after all."

"Et Tu, Blondie? Okay, you know what? It's fine. It's fine. I can fix this. Quick! Name things your dad likes, that I can pretend I also like to impress him!"

The emergency bell rings.

"The emergency alarm!" Cass shouts.

-
-
-

You all run outside in the town. The Captain, Arianna and Frederic are already outside, looking at his statue. The statue is ridiculously decorated and with the inscription 'Equis rules'.

"Equis? As in the kingdom next door, Equis?" Rapunzel asks.

"Mhm." Cass looks at the statue.

"What's that got to do with my dad's statue? Why is it all messed up?"

"Your dad's lifetime rival, King Trevor of Equis, likes to play pranks on him." Captain replies.

"By just drawing a silly face on Dad's statue?" Raps scoffs, "I can't imagine any intelligent person finding this funny."