Chapter 12: Splitting Up

Things at work were normal, and Havoc kept me busy, which helped a lot. Mustang didn't bring up the picnic, or anything else really. Maybe he forgot about it, maybe he'd been kissed by other women, or worse. Everyone says that the Colonel was a flirt, I'm sure my little peck wasn't anything special to him, though I wish it was. 

I wanted to tell Mustang how I felt, but he was always off doing something. I was worried about him, the homonculi were everywhere, and I'm sure that they knew he was up to something.

Time Skip to A Week

I opened the door for work, and Mustang was absent once again.

"Redfield, come with me please." Bradley said.

"Yes Sir." I said nervously. What was bra

'Lieutenant we've decided to split up the gang. You see, the Colonel's been unveiling too much here. Since you've done so well with our secret, we've decided to keep yours. We want you to remain with Mustang, Redfield I trust you." Bradley said with a glare.

I was surprised by his words, did he want me to be some sort of watchdog for the Colonel, I could never do that. The only reason I kept their secret for so long was for my own protection, and safety. The government was mad, and I wanted to tell Mustang everything. I can't allow myself to be a tool for Bradley, and same goes for the Colonel. 

"What was that all about." The Colonel said as he approached me from behind.

"Bradley was just explaining the situation Sir." I said trying my hardest not to think about the picnic night.

"Very well. So you know about the others." Mustang said.

"Yeah, and I have a good guess as to why he would do such a thing." I said sternly. 

"Hopefully we can be united again someday." Mustang said, I nodded in agreement.

Mustang and I said goodbye to the parting comrades, and waved goodbye as they left for the station. I was going to miss them all so much, Bradley knew what we were doing, and he really wasn't taking any risks.

The Colonel and I remained behind for that day, and we did the usual work load. It was silent though, neither of us spoke a single word.

It had been a few days since the team had been split up, and the Fuhrer had already assigned new men to fill their positions. They were nothing like the others, these were rookies who were obedient and blind. I had almost forgotten that there were a select few that knew about the homonculi.

"Redfield." Mustang said as he entered the office.

"Please speak with me outside." He said, he looked concerned.

I slowly got up and walked over to the door, what was he going to say this time. Was it dinner again, or maybe the picnic. Who knows, the Colonel was always the wildcard.

"Luna, who are you really. I want to know." Mustang said.

"Why are you suddenly so interested in me all of the sudden?" I asked trying to focus the conversation on something else.

"Bradley was talking, and he said some weird things." Mustang said.

"What weird things." I asked again, what if he had already found out my secret.

"He used the fact that he knew more about you against me, and he even used my lack of knowledge to get himself out of answering questions." Mustang said again, Bradley had probably revealed something and quickly turned the situation around. 

"I usual know a lot about my teammates before they even join the squad, but there was nothing about you. Please I just need to know, it'll help in the end."

I contemplated about what Mustang was saying, maybe it was time to tell him the truth. I got a slip of paper and wrote a meeting place as well as the time.

"Here, I'll be waiting here." I said and paused.

"I'll tell you everything you need to know about me..."

"Thank you, and you can always come to me remember that Lieutenant." Mustang added, I couldn't really come to him for anything, but know he'd know why.

"I'll keep that in mind Colonel, and thank you so much for everything, you've been a great teacher, and an amazing friend." I said as I headed home for the day. 

It would be better to end the day on a good note, if Mustang didn't accept me than at least I could be happy with the fact that I had gotten the last word in. I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but tonight I was going to expose myself to the Colonel.