Chapter 3: Elric's

Time Skip (One Week Later)

I had finally been introduced to the people in the office. There was Havoc, and Fuery, then there was Riza, and Falmen, Breda as well, and lastly the Colonel.

It was a rainy day today, which always made using alchemy much more difficult. I got out my umbrella, and rushed to work.

"Good Morning Coronel." I said as I entered the large office space.

"Good Morning Lieutenant." Mustang replied, he looked gloomy.

"Is everything alright sir?" I asked.

"It's nothing, I'm just useless on rainy days." Mustang said.

"But I feel as if there is going to be an attack again today." Mustang added. He was right, Scar was still running around, and we hadn't been able to catch him, things were getting out of hand.

I sat down and began filing out some of the paperwork. There was a knock on the door, one of the lower ranking officers entered.

"Mustang, there's been an attack, bring any alchemists or high ranking officers with you please." The soldier said nervously.

"I must be psychic or something." Mustang said under his breath.

"Alright, Redfield, Hawkeye, you two come with me." Mustang waved at us and headed for the exit. I got up and rushed after him.

We headed for the crime scene, there were some other officers there as well. There was a loud explosion, and a chunk of building came soaring at us.

"Watch out!" Mustang yelled, he pushed me out of the way just in time, but he had fallen on top of me.

"Sorry about that Lieutenant." Mustang said quickly, then he got up and faced towards the direction of the blast.

There was another object coming out way.

"Blast it." An officer said. The Colonel got into position, and snapped his fingers, but there was no spark.

"Damn it." He yelled, Riza rolled her eyes at him, and I was surprised.

"Step aside please." I said getting in front of the Colonel. I snapped my fingers, and blasted the object to pure ash.

"How did you do that with wet gloves." The Colonel asked. He stated at me with his big black eyes, he looked as if he had just seen his childhood idol.

"It's not too difficult really. You see I just use the hydrogen from the water, since hydrogen is very flammable when it isn't bonded to any elements. The remaining Oxygen is released back into the atmosphere." I said sounding all scholarly.

"Amazing." Mustang said, he still looked surprised.

We lost the culprit and headed back to Eastern Command.

"Redfield, your going to have to show the Colonel that trick of yours sometime." Riza said calmly.

Yes please, I'm practically useless in the rain." Mustang said, and he sighed as we approached the office.

Time Skip (Night)

After a long day of hard work I was finally able to make it back to my apartment.

"Hey brother watch out." I heard a voice say, it sounded echoey.

"Ouch." I said, I had clashed heads with some shorty.

"Hey your the Fullmetal Alchemist." I said as I examined the boys face.

"Actually I'm the Fullmeta-, wait, that's right I am the Fullmetal Alchemist. Finally someone who doesn't think it's Al." Fullmetal said.

We sort of just stared at eachother for a while.

"Wel I really must get going now." I said.

"Wait, I think we're staying near by your room." Fullmetal said, and he pulled out his room key.

He was right, I was in room 201, and he was 203. We both headed to our rooms, and put away our belongings, then the brothers talked with me in their room.

The three of us chatted for a long time, we all had a lot in common.

"Let me get this straight, your a state alchemist, and  a member of the Colonels squad?" Ed asked.

"Yeah." I said, I could only manage a small smile.

"That guy is crazy, I feel so bad for you." Ed said in a sorrowful tone.

"Oh come on, Mustang can't be that bad, can he?" I asked, I didn't know Mustang all that well, but he seemed decent enough.

"Brother and the Colonel don't get along too well." Alfonse said, I couldn't help but notice the emptiness in his voice when he spoke.

"I can tell." I said, and I let out a small laugh.

I returned back to my room after a while, then I closed the door and transformed. I always hated doing it, but it was relaxing, staying in human form for too long was tiring.

"Hey Luna, you left this i-." Edward said, but he couldn't finish his sentence.

"What's wrong broth-." Alfonse said, he was just as shocked as Ed was.

I turned around and saw the two brothers, their mouths were practically on the floor. I screamed  and ran into the bedroom, then I locked the door behind me.

"Come on Al, let's get some answers." Edward said.

They knocked on the bedroom door, and waited for me to come out.

"Luna, you've got a lot of explaining to do." Edward said, Alfonse was shaking his head in approval, I could hear the clanking of his metal.

I slowly opened the door, and sat down across from the Elrics. I told them everything, except the homonculi and the Fuhrers secrets. They were shocked to hear the news, but I could tell that they had seen a lot already, so my secret wasn't too unbelievable.

"Woah, you've had it rough Luna." Ed said, he pitied me I could tell.

"You poor thing." Alfonse said, and he gave me a big hug.

"I don't mind you guys knowing, but please, I can't have anyone else finding out, especially the Colonel." I said in a pleading tone.

"Especially the Colonel." Ed said, he was mimicking me.

"It almost sounds like you loooove him, right Al." Ed said.

"Right." Al added.

"I do not!" I said quickly, my face was red as a tomato.

"Sure, well anyways, Al and I should reallly get going. Good luck with everything." Ed said.

"Yeah, and don't worry Luna, your secret is safe with us." Al said.

"Goodbye Elrics." I said, and I escorted them to the door.

I sighed and headed for bed, I hoped that no one else would find out about my secret.