Chapter 7: Drunken Soldier

The Colonel ordered drink after drink, but I decided to remain sober. I wasn't going to pass up the chance to look after Mustang, plus he needed a way to get home, or maybe a place to stay.

"Luna, your a strange one." Mustang said.

"Yes, I am." I said trying not to arouse the drunk man.

"You've got a secret, why won't ya tell me." He said once again, his face was priceless.

I ignored him and continued drinking my beer. Some time had passed and the Colonel was now playing with my hair. 

"Hey Lieutenant, your so pretty, but you got a small ass, but you got nice boobs though." The Colonel said. He was right, but it still hurt. 

"I guess drunk words truly are sober thoughts after all." I said, and I faced towards Mustang.

"Alright that's enough alcohol for one night, at this rate you'll make a mess of yourself." I said, and I helped the Colonel up.

"You can stay with me tonight Mustang." I said.

I brought him up to my apartment, and we headed for the living room. I gently rested him on the couch, then headed for my room.

After some time I could hear footsteps, what was he up to now. My bedroom door was slammed open, and the Colonel walked in. He plopped himself next to me and fell asleep.

"Mustang what are you-, nevermind you must be drunk still." I said to him. I looked at his face for a while, and began thinking outloud.

"Colonel your right, I am hiding something. But no one can know, not even you.: I said, then I stroked his hair, it was surprisingly much softer than it looked.

I stared at his face, and noticed how peaceful it was, he looked so gentle and sweet when he was asleep. I eventually fell asleep too, thought it was hard since the Colonel was there.

Flashback

"What are you doing here pretty lady." A man said to me.

"Please get out of here." I said quickly, I wasn't able to control myself yet, and I was going back and fourth between forms.

"Oh come on, I won't hurt you." The guy said. The man was persistent, I was prepared to kill him if I had to.

The transformation begun, and the man ran away as fast as he could. I didn't have to kill him after all, which put me at ease. 

Time Skip

I had managed to find a good house near Resembool, it was secluded and no one would bother me. I decided that I was going to become an alchemist, but I wasn't sure which I should use. There was an old man who lived near by, and he was some old alchemist. I was able to break into his home, and I found his notes. I made an exact copy and returned home as quickly as possible.

It took me a month just to decipher the notes, but from then on it wasn't too complicated. I was soon becoming an alchemist, and in a few years I could take the exam.

End of Flashback

I woke up with this warm sensation to the right of me. Was the Colonel snuggling with me? I looked down at him, and he was holding on to my arm.

"Tell me please." He said in his sleep, what was he dreaming about.

I decided to wake Mustang up, even though it wasn't going to look good for either of us.

"Colonel, Colonel Mustang, wake up." I said shaking the man.

"What is it." He said, then he noticed where he was. He fell out of the bed and recovered instantly.

"Lieutenant, what was I doing in your bed?" Mustang asked, he seemed tired and wasn't as surprised as I thought.

"You got yourself drunk, so I brought you home, but you chose to sleep with me, and you were too heavy to carry so I left you there." I said smirking.

"Lieutenant, did anything else happen, did I say something or maybe reveal something." He asked. Maybe he was one of those people who revealed too much when drunk, I couldn't help but feel like he had been in this situation before.

"Well, I had to pay for your drinks, and deal with your insults about my body. You also think i'm hiding something, and you threw up in the bathroom." I said, I was counting with my fingers.

"I am so sorry about that. But what did I see about your appearance?" He asked, but he seemed nervous for the answer.

"Let me think ,oh yeah you said I had a small ass, but nice boobs." I said.

The Colonel blushed, but I could tell that he was mortified.

"I am so sorry about this Lieutenant. I'll make it up to you somehow." He said, he thought to himself for a while.

"How about I take you out to dinner, maybe this Friday?" Mustang asked.

"Sure, how about seven p.m." I said reassuringly.

"That works for me." Mustang said, he grabbed his belongings and headed out.

"Oh, and once again, I'm terribly sorry for what happened, I can be so rude when I'm drunk." Mustang said as he approached the door.

"It's fine really, I know that you mean well." I said nervously. The door was closed and I let out a sigh of relief. Things were happening so quickly, now I was going to dinner with the Colonel? The thought of it made me nervous, what would I say, what would I wear, how would I act, what would he do? These questions flooded my mind, but I calmed myself down and focused on what I was going to wear. I had my mother's dresses that I had stolen from my home, but none of those were nice enough. Maybe I could wear the new dress that my neighbor had gotten me as a welcoming gift, but it was almost too dressy. I guess I just had to chance it, I decided that I was going to wear the nicest dress from my mother. Now I just had to wait until Friday, but it felt so long for some reason.