Chapter 14: I Love You

Third Person POV

Mustang headed back to the office, he was in a much more cheerful mood. 

"Officer, where is Redfield." Mustang said, he had scanned the room, but she was nowhere in sight.

"I don't know Sir, she said that she had to do something that should've been done ages ago, or something like that." The officer said, he was just as confused as Mustang was.

"She wouldn't." Mustang exclaimed, he ran out of the office and headed to the abandoned barn, he had a hunch that the Lieutenant would be there, and he was right.

"Lieutenant?" Mustang called out confusedly, there was no answer. Mustang awaited at the entrance, the sound of your voice was resonating from inside.

"Water 35 liters, carbon 20 kilograms, ammonia 4 liters, phosphorous 800 grams..." Luna said to herself, she was mixing the ingredients in a large basin.

Mustang took action and opened the door.

"Luna, what are you doing." The Colonel asked, his face wore a look of concern.

"Colonel, I didn't see you come in." She said coldly, the lieutenants voice sounded so monotone and shallow.

"Luna, answer the damn question please." Mustang said, he sounded so desperate.

"I'm going to transmute my body, and  become human again." Luna said, she smiled though it wasn't out of happiness.

"You know that it won't work." Mustang said sternly, his eyes were focused on the Lieutenant.

"Who knows, but it's worth a shot." Luna replied, she had finished pouring the ingredients, she proceeded to transform. Her hands were ready to perform the transmutation.

"Luna, you cant do this." Mustang pleaded, he sounded so hurt.

"There's no stopping me Colonel, I'll get my body back, maybe I'll even die trying." Luna said calmly, she was prepared for the outcome. Luna clapped her hands together and placed them to the ground.

There was a flash of light and the sound of footsteps. Mustang rushed over to Luna and moved her hands away from the floor. He fell to the ground, and Luna tumbled on top of him. He had made it just in time. Luna got off of the Colonel and leaned against one of the hay bales.

"Why, why did you do that Mustang." Luna sighed, a tear rolled down her cheek.

"That was the only way that I could be human again. You'd finally be able to accept me." You said, you felt yourself weaken, the transmutation was not completed, though you felt draw back symptoms.

"Luna." Mustang said, though he didn't finish the thought. He noticed how tired you were, so he walked over and sat next to you.

Luna looked into the Colonels deep eyes, he looked back into hers. Mustang leaned in closer, and kissed Luna, it was followed up by a barrage of more intense kisses.

"Luna, I love you." Mustang said

"I don't want you to change yourself just to make me happier." He added, he was staring at her eyes again.

"But I'm a mon-." Luna began to say, Mustang shushed her and brought her weakened body closer to him.

"Your an angel in disguise." Mustang teased, though he wasn't wrong, the Lieutenant resembled one.

"Your not a monster, your my angel." Mustang said with a smile, his words brought ease to Luna.

Mustang examined Luna slightly, he reached out and touched one of her wings.

"These feathers, they're so delicate and soft." Mustang said as he felt them, he was mesmerized by them actually.

"T-thanks?" Luna said confusedly. She didn't know what to say.

Luna rested her head on the Colonels shoulder, wait he had just confessed to her.

"Roy, did you really mean what you said." Luna asked, she yawned afterwards, there was very little energy left. He was glad to here Luna call him by his first name, she was always so formal around the man.

"About what?" Mustang asked in response.

"About loving me." She said back, she looked back up at him.

"Of course, Luna Redfield, I'm in love with you." Mustang said, he smiled once again and it never faded away.

"I-, I love you to, Roy Mustang." Luna said shyly.

"I've been in love ever since that time when you rushed me to the hospital wing, and you kept checking up on me." Luna said, a smile was on her face too.

"I didn't know it back then, but I think that I've been in love since that time in the rain when you outclassed me." Mustang chuckled and looked down at Luna.

There was silence for a bit, it was broken by the sound of rain, it was pouring again.

"Luna don't ever scare me like that. Losing you is like losing everything." Mustang said, he grabbed Luna's cold hands for reassurance.

"I won't do it again Colonel." You said and you did a little solute.

Luna stroked Roy's course black hair, though it felt so much softer to the touch. The two fell asleep in the barn and were awakened by the chirping of birds.

Luna POV

"Roy, Roy wake up." I said shaking the sleeping man.

"What time is it?" Mustang said, his voice was so deep and calming.

"I'm not sure, but it's morning." I said, I felt a little bit better, though now I just felt like I had pulled an all nighter.

"We can take the day off, I'll use one of my vacation days." Mustang said, he helped me up.

The Colonel walked me to apartment and gave me a hug, it felt nice to hold him in my arms. I was too shy to ask him to stay, so I ended up spending the rest of the weekend alone. I couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen, little did I know, this gut feeling was right, the promised day was approaching.

(Hey, it's been a while, I'm in the process of making another fanfic so I'm just mapping out the ideas. I'm going to diverge from the g/t stories and head into just normal x reader fanfics, if there's any specific character or anime that you want me to write about don't hesitate to tell me, also once again thank you so so much for the reads and votes)