Chapter 8: A Warrior's Return

Star, Marco, Eclipsa and Sabriye were discussing with Moon about Sabriye's magic test results when, all of a sudden, a member of The Magical High Commission, whom Sabriye recognisedas Rhombulus, stepped into the throne room, panting and trying to catch his breath.

She then recalled the time when he was arrested for releasing Globgor from his crystal just to try to prove that he was the same villainous monster who ate every Mewman who came in his line of sight, when in fact he had turned over a new leaf, and framing Eclipsa of releasing him.

Sabriye thought about it and mentally deadpanned with a stoic expression, 'Well, he sure had an idiotic idea of doing that for an idiotic reason. No wonder the other members bully him.' Slowly but surely, Sabriye heard the Mewmans' muffled screams of despair from outside the castle. She knew something was not right.

It seemed like the others heard them too as Moon questioned Rhombulus, "Rhombulus, what's going on out there?!" After catching his breath, he whispered something that no one but Moon could hear. "Pardon?" Eclipsa uttered, beckoning him to repeat his words. "She's here," Rhombulus repeated louder.

Star questioned further, "Who?! Who's here?!" He then clarified, "Mina Luvberry. I bet she's back to beat Globgor." Upon hearing those words come out of his mouth, Sabriye widened her onyx gray eyes and quietly gasped as she felt her heart pounding in her chest, her head spinning and butterflies in her stomach.

She was sure that outcome was the same for the others. "Where are Omnitraxus and Hekapoo? Are they fighting her now?" Sabriye couldn't stop the words from coming. She felt the desperate need to ask, worrying about their safety. Rhombulus looked at her with a weird look on his face as he asked, "Who are you?

Without answering the question, Sabriye just shouted at him, "Just answer my question! Now's not the time to be asking me that!" That caused everyone else in the throne room to flinch from shock and fear. That had never once seen her with such a scowl on her face. However, at a time like that, they can't blame her for losing her patience.

Ignoring her outburst, he answered, "They're out there, fighting Mina. But they're in trouble trying to beat her That's why they sent me here to inform you all about this. We need backup." Glancing at each other, everyone else nodded as they all silently agreed to help them out.

"Star, Marco, Eclipsa, you are all to bring the Mewmans to safety. If anyone of you encounter Mina or her soldiers, stall them until everyone is brought to safety. I'll handle Mina," Moon instructed in a professional tone. However, she left someone out. "What about me?" Sabriye asked.

Moon had a frown on her face as she told her, "I'm sorry but you have to stay out of this." Sabriye was frantic about her decision and asked, "What?! Why?!" Moon explained herself, "You have less experience than we do in dealing with threats like this one. We can't risk you getting hurt."

Sabriye then protested, "Okay, I may not have been in Mewni for quite a while now but I can still help out. I can't just sit by the sidelines and watch my friends fight for people's lives out there."

Moon placed a hand on her shoulder, in attempt to calm her down, as she said, "I know you want to help out. And I know you mean well but we can't have you severely hurt or worse. Please understand." It seemed to have calmed her down but she still seemed uncertain about her decision. Finally, she relented, accepting to follow her order, under one condition.

"Alright, but I'll come there myself if I have to. I'll be last resort." Sabriye requested. Luckily for her, the others agreed to try to meet the condition before heading out to the battlefield, leaving Sabriye behind. Sabriye was starting to regret accepting Moon's decision but she knew she had to hope for that they would come back in one piece.

However, her hope for the best, didn't seem to be enough. The members of The Magical High Commission were still having problems with Mina. They used every trick they had in the book but none of them were having any luck.

Star, Marco, Moon and Eclipsa, however, were doing better. They managed to save some Mewmans from falling debris or pieces of Mina's armour and led them to the right path to safety. Sabriye was watching from the window on one of the floors high up in the castle and still had the urge to jump in there and help them.

However, she managed to resist it and waited for her time to step in. Everyone else on the battlefield were doing their best to save the Mewmans and defeat Mina Luvberry at the same time. Soon, Sabriye was about to learn that their best wasn't enough. As time went by, things weren't looking too good.

Slowly but surely, the members of The Magical High Commission were going down, close to being defeated, even with Star, Marco, Moon and Eclipsa, who were done with getting the Mewmans to safety, by their side. They were about to fall to their feet in exhaustion.

Sabriye had seen enough. She knew what she had to do and she was sure that it would be worth it. Sabriye placed her foot on the window sill and climbed onto it. The minute she looked down, her legs wobbled and her stomach did a flip inside her. Sabriye had a slight phobia of heights. However, that wouldn't stop her.

Sabriye took a deep breath, steeled her resolve and prepared to make the most idiotic decision she had ever made in her entire life. On her mark, she took a step forward and jumped out of the window, screaming as she fell.
______________________________________

A/N: Hi guys, yeah, sorry about the cliffhanger. Don't worry about Sabriye. It isn't over yet. Anyways, I'm working on my other book for the Christmas chapter so stay tuned for that. Hope you guys liked this, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼