Chapter 3: Quality Time with Eclipsa

Later on, after the young couple announced their relationship to Moon, River and Eclipsa, Eclipsa, who was, again, gazing lovingly at the scenery of roses before her through the window, heard two knocks on her door. Turning to the door and humming in thought, she wondered, "Who could that be?"

Answering the door, she found Sabriye standing there with a soft smile on her face. Pleasantly surprised, Eclipsa said, with a smile of her own, "Oh, Sabriye. I wasn't expecting to see you here again so soon," welcoming her into her room.

With a wider smile than before, Sabriye answered, "I couldn't help it. After all, you are my personal favourite queen of Mewni." That caught Eclipsa off guard for a moment. Turning to face Sabriye with a surprised expression, she beckoned the girl to repeat her statement, thinking that her ears were playing tricks on her.

"Yup, you're my personal favourite queen of Mewni. Mainly because of your awesome dark spells," Sabriye said bashfully. Eclipsa's surprised expression morphed into a smile as she told, "I never thought that I would be someone's favourite queen. I've always been known as an evil queen with evil spells. I never thought anyone would like my spells."

Sabriye gave her a bashful smile and said, "Well, about that, Star and Marco used a few dark spells before." Eclipsa's ears perked at that. "They did? Which ones?" Sabriye just simply responded, "The All Seeing Eye." Eclipsa sighed, for some reason, in relief. However, she wasn't finished. "And The Whispering Spell."

That caused her eyes to widen in shock. "T-The Whispering Spell?" She stuttered out the question. Nodding, Sabriye answered, "Yeah... Star did... Twice so far." Eclipsa, in turn, looked at her, gaping slightly in shock.

"She had to. The first time she used it... It was either that or Marco gets crushed. Toffee said so. Therefore, the wand was destroyed temporarily," Sabriye explained, as the events were recalled, with a solemn look on her face. Eclipsa's shock then switched to anger towards Toffee. She then remembered something.

"What about the second?" She asked. Sabriye's gaze landed on the ground as she tried to remembered the sequence of events that had occurred. She then fished her phone out of her pocket and showed her the scene where Star used The Whispering Spell the second time.

After showing her the video, Sabriye could clearly see the look of terror on her face. There was tensed silence in the air and it was broken when Eclipsa said, in a hushed tone, "Thank you for showing this to me." Nodding as, "you're welcome," Sabriye remained where she was, along with Eclipsa, silently.

Just then, an idea popped into her head. "You know, Eclipsa..." She started, gaining the attention of the woman in question. "Telling you about what happened before you came out of your crystal... wasn't what I was here for," Sabriye told her with a smile, confusing Eclipsa.

Bashfully smiling, she said, "I was hoping to take a look at the roses with you from here." Smiling, Eclipsa led her to the window and pulled the curtains away from it, revealing the garden that consisted of beautiful roses in vibrant shades of red and pink.

It was indeed a breathtaking sight for Sabriye. So much that she thought that Ruby Rose would love this view. (A/N: Yup, mentioned her once again. Sorry, can't help it.) Eclipsa, scooting over to her left, patted a spot for Sabriye to take a seat in. Sabriye gladly joined her. "This view is... breathtaking," Sabriye finally uttered in awe. "Isn't it?" She heard Eclipsa reply.

They sat there what felt like a half hour, enjoying the scenery of roses before them together. Breaking the silence, Eclipsa asked out of the blue, "Are the roses the only reason you came here?" That caught Sabriye off guard.

"Surely, you would've had an ability to go somewhere to take a look at the roses from. Or did you come here so that you can see it with me?" Eclipsa clarified.

Looking down slightly, Sabriye answered honestly, "Actually... Yeah, the roses aren't the only reason I came here." Eclipsa looked at her with both surprise and confusion. "I mostly came here because I have a favour to ask you... If it's possible, that is." Eclipsa's eyebrows rose in surprise. (A/N: Haha. Get the pun? 😏😂)

"Well, what is it, dear?" Eclipsa asked. Sabriye fidgeted her fingers in hesitance. "The dark spells you have... You're the one who made them... Right?" Eclipsa nodded, unsure where this was going, although her instincts told her that her question did not serve as a good sign.

"Do you think... you can... teach me how to invent my own magic spells?"
______________________________________

A/N: Dun, dun, duuun... Yup, don't mind the special sound effects. Ignore it. Forget it. 😑 The ending was a bit surprising, though, right? 😏 Anyways, sorry for the late update and thanks for reading this. Hope you guys liked it, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼