67: Familial Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"We don't have much in common, Scott. But at the moment, we have a common enemy."

"That's why I'm trying to get him out of here."

"I didn't mean Jackson."

Paige stepped forward slowly with her brows furrowed, "You mean... Gerard."

Chris just gave her a silent look of confirmation, "Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head, the same way he did with Kate. And I'm losing her. And I know you're losing her too."

That felt true, even for Paige. She hadn't talked to Allison in days and she just realized that just now. Usually the two messaged one another a bit to catch each other up on what was happening but that hadn't happened at all lately.

"You're right." Scott mumbles, not entirely happy about this, "So can you trust me to fix this? Then can you let us go?"

"No." Chris raised his keys up, "My car is faster."

Paige pulled her phone out and sent her Aunt Maggie a few texts about what was going on. She wanted to text Stiles but she knew he didn't have his phone on him. So she sent a few to Sheriff Stilinski in hopes that Stiles would figure out they needed him.

Isaac hopped out of Chris' car once he parked, "I think he stopped moving."

"What?" Paige's eyes widen and look over at the body bag, "I hope he's not dead..."

Isaac just furrowed his brows and locked eyes with Paige, "Didn't... he already died and is coming back to life."

"Sh..." She whispers, "Don't complicate things."

"Where's Derek?"

Paige shimmied out of the car and walked around it, "I'm sure he's... on his way..." Her head tilted in horror at the very sight of Derek running up to them on all fours. "Oh, that's just unappealing."

"Will I start doing that?"

Paige glanced over at Isaac and shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe just... don't do it."

"Sound advice, Paige."

Derek stopped a few feet away from Chris with a dirty look in his eyes. Chris simply stood proudly, not at all bothered by his hostility, "I'm here for Jackson. Not you."

"Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." Derek's eyes flickered to where the body bag was at, "Get him inside."

Paige helped Isaac this time instead of Scott, since she wanted to be able to do something. She slowly set him down while squatting but didn't get up from her spot. "Okay, where are they?"

"Who?"

"Peter and Lydia." Scott answers for Paige, "Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him."

"We're past that."

"What?" Paige stood up quickly and stepped over Jackson's body, "No, absolutely not."

"Think about it." Derek says firmly, "Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No. No, he wouldn't do that." Chris interrupts, "If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"Of course not. Anything that dangerous, that out of control-" Gerard walked into the warehouse slowly, followed by Allison, Erik, Odette, and Christine, "-is better off dead."

Derek pushed Paige out of the way and went to attack Jackson but was attacked instead. He was lifted up from his chest with Jackson's claws and was then thrown across the room. "Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."