16: The Dark of the Night

Paige felt the world rushing as she quickly rushed back over to where they were

Paige felt the world rushing as she quickly rushed back over to where they were. She was going to have to ignore her urge to throw up again because she didn't want to be slowed down if she had to run. And she had a feeling she'd be running a lot tonight. Running for dear life.

"Lock it." Scott cried as he hung onto the latch of the door, his voice frantic and frightened, "Lock it!"

Stiles only shot him an exasperated look as he hung on in a similar fashion, "Do I look like I have a key?"

"Grab something!"

"What?"

"Anything!"

Paige was quickly back beside them, her breathing was a little erratic as she felt the anxiety of her friends bouncing around. She looked out the window at the bolt cutters, which could definitely be something to keep the door closed. She could get it. Paige pushed the doors open which frightened her friends as she bolted outside.

Her actions made Stiles try and reach out of her but he couldn't grab onto her fast enough. Stiles cursed under his breath but grew silent as he watched her.

Paige slowly approached the bolt cutters, her eyes were scanning the parking lot for the Alpha. She held the cutters in her hands and close to her chest. She could hear her own heart and it was beating wildly. Instead of trying to find where the Alpha was, she turned her head towards the brick wall to see if she could see Derek's body. But before she could step closer she heard a low growl.

"Run!" Scott cries out in fear of her safety, "Paige! Run!"

Paige released a shocked yelp when she noticed the sight of the Alpha. That was probably the scariest thing she had ever seen and she's seen Coach in a speedo by mistake. She stepped back with wide eyes and finally took off in a sprint towards her friends. She went barreling into the two of them at incredible speed.

Stiles had taken the bolt cutters from her and jammed them into the door. He then shoved her as they both got up, "You're an idiot."

"I think I just saved us so-" Paige huffs while staring out the window for wherever the Alpha went, "Where is it? Where did it go?"

"I don't know." Scott breathes out heavily and grabs onto her hoodie, squeezing, "That won't hold, will it?"

Stiles glanced down at the bolt cutters and then looked back at her friends, "Probably not."

Paige turned back and looked into the school, the long empty hallway was basically out of a horror film. Her arms fell to her sides as she exhales again, "We should run, right?"

"Probably."

Quickly, the three went running as fast as they could down the hall into a classroom. She just abruptly turned a corner and pressed her back against the wall. Paige pressed her hand against her heart while listening to her two friends bicker about how to block off the door. She groaned and looked up at the roof as she felt the burning in her back again, but it was slowly going away. Very slowly but it was at least going away.