55: No killing please

Paige pulled herself off the ground outside as she wiped the sweat from her forehead

Paige pulled herself off the ground outside as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. With her brows knitted together, she was surprised her body was not tired. Though, her Aunt was absolutely kicking her ass. While she was busy training with her Aunt, she knew that Scott was busy following Jackson around. Paige had not really contacted Stiles at all, she was not in the mood to speak to him. She would actually much rather speak to Derek and that was even a stretch since she was not so incredibly uncomfortable around him now.

Which was odd because she could easily talk with Derek and yet it still made her incredibly nervous. And those same nerves were making her lose balance constantly during training. Something Odette noticed easily but wouldn't say anything.

"I think we should take a break." Odette informs her while tossing a bottle Paige's way. Her Aunt silently watched as Paige dropped to the floor of the gym. A gym that was not in Beacon Hills, some town nearby that Odette knew of. That way Paige could train without being interrupted or Odette being caught doing this.

Paige heard her phone buzz and checked it. Scott filled her in on what she missed and he just messaged her saying that he needed money. She pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head. She sent him quickly that she didn't have the money and couldn't get it to him even if she did.

"You doing okay over there?"

Lifting her head slowly, Paige blinked her eyes a few times. She did not entirely register what was asked but it clicked after a few minutes. "Oh, um... Yeah. I'm fine. Just-"

"Fine?" Odette finished for Paige, she dropped down to the ground near her niece with a tentative smile, "Sweetheart, you don't need to keep it all in. You can go ahead and tell me. If not in detail, just something small or as vague as you want."

Paige played with the bottom hem of her shirt, it was almost odd because she confided in Stiles or her Aunt Maggie, yet neither of them truly felt with her anymore. Her Aunt Maggie was definitely not someone she wanted to confide in just yet, there was no way she could bring herself to forgive her for a while. Stiles simply hurt Paige's feelings because she felt so invalidated and not cared for by her best friend.

"Just everything. I'm overwhelmed and feel... useless."

"I can guarantee you that you're not useless." Odette informs her softly as she drinks some of the water. Odette could tell that her niece was made to fight, she would have been an amazing hunter if she had been trained at a younger age. And along with her faeil abilities, it would make her quite the hunter. "Someone, even if you don't know, finds you extremely useful. Whether it's fighting monsters or simply being there for them."

"I guess..."

Odette hums softly and threads her fingers through her hair, "Alright, I think that's enough training for one day. Why don't we go out and get some food?"

"Can I try something new?" Paige asks excitedly after hearing the prospect of eating food, "I always lean towards non-flavorful things for some reason."