67: Familial Betrayal

Paige held her phone against her ear as she listened to Derek and Peter talk after she explained what exactly she had looked like

Paige held her phone against her ear as she listened to Derek and Peter talk after she explained what exactly she had looked like. Especially since her brain was not entirely processing what she had looked at.

"They say he's in some kind of transparent casing made from the venom coming out of his claws."

"That sounds sufficiently terrifying."

Paige released a nervous laugh, "It gets better. He's moving."

"They also say he's starting to move."

"Okay, look, I think I found something. Looks like what we've seen from Jackson is just the kanima's beta shape."

"Well, meaning what? It can turn into something bigger?"

"Bigger and badder."

"He's turning into that?" There was a moment of pause and then Derek's voice was a bit higher, "That has wings."

"I can see that."

"Paige, bring him to us."

Paige slowly glanced over at the body bag and her face scrunched up, "Ah... Well, I'm not sure if we have time for that."

"Look, somebody actually made an animation of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we-" Paige pulled the phone away from her head as a loud screeching came from the other end. She brought her phone back to her ear once she couldn't hear the screeching, "Nope, not at all. We should probably meet them halfway."

"Paige, get him out of there now- go now."

"Yup, yes sir. Got it." Paige shoved her phone into her pocket and waved her hands around, "Ew, couldn't every supernatural creature be as cute as me? I'm a cute little fairy. All innocent."

Scott and Isaac grabbed the ends of the body bag while Paige kept her eyes out for anyone. Melissa and Maggie stayed behind to deal with the fact that they were currently stealing Jackson after he supposedly died.

"Hold on, hold on-" Paige stopped them abruptly as she peeked around the corner of the parking lot, "Alright, go. Go, go, go, go-" She gasps as Scott drops his end of the body bag, "Oh, my God, Scott!"

"I did not mean it."

"Pick him back up!"

All of their nerves spiked up as a black SUV drove up to them and Chris Argent got out. None of them said a word as he approached them. Isaac could only remember how this man had practically tried to kill him and Paige didn't really have anything to say.

"You're alone."

"More than you know."

Scott glanced to his friends before keeping his cool, "What do you want?"