•KuroKen• Haikyuu

{Self Worth}

I'm not elaborating, you all have worth that you shouldn't be insecure about and I love you💙

3rd POV

Kuroo watched, his brow furrowed, as Kenma bid Hinata good day with such friendly care. Hinata had spent the night there in Tokyo with Kenma. That wouldn't have been a problem on most nights. But yesterday wasn't most nights. Kuroo and Kenma always have a set movie night, once a month. It had been a tradition since they were little, and the most effective way to calm down Kenma or Kuroo when they were having bad days.

Instead of it being just Kenma and Kuroo, however, it was Kenma, Kuroo, and Hinata. And maybe that would have been fine. Maybe, Kuroo was prepared to sacrifice one movie night because he knew how much Kenma and Hinata's friendship meant to the setter.

But recently it seemed like it was all Hinata.

Kuroo had canceled plans with his grandparents to get date night reservations for him and Kenma only a week ago. Kuroo sat at the restaurant for and hour and a half before Kenma came barreling in claiming he was with Hinata.

Kuroo shifted around his work schedule so he and Kenma could practice together, because Kenma said that was something he wanted to do. Last minute, Kenma blatantly said he didn't want to anymore because Hinata had signed online last minute as well.

Kuroo found one of the only days he had free of responsibility and chose to take Kenma to the movies. It was supposed to be a fun afternoon, just the two of them with some popcorn, candy, and a movie playing for them. Instead, Hinata happened to be there watching the same movie. Kenma had moved seats to be by Hinata instead of Kuroo.

And the longer this went on, the more Kuroo stopped trying.

Kuroo understood that sometimes he wasn't everything Kenma wanted him to be, but why was Hinata always top priority?

Why couldn't Kuroo be the center of Kenma's attention for once?

Kuroo cast his gaze to the ground, trying to think.

Had he done something to make him undeserving of Kenma's love?

Was it because Kuroo's hands were too big to hold Kenma's properly?

Was it because Kuroo was so much taller than Kenma?

Did Kuroo deserve less love than Hinata?

Was his hair really that bad?

Had Kuroo push Kenma too far with volleyball? Did Kenma really not enjoy a single aspect of it?

Was Kuroo just not good enough?

"Kuroo!" Kenma snapped two fingers in front of Kuroo's eyes.

Kuroo cast his glance back up, towards Kenma who was now standing in front of him. Hinata wasn't anywhere to be seen, Kuroo was sure he had started his journey to the train station to head home.

"Finally. You were scaring me." Kenma muttered as he made him way to the couch. "Don't just start staring at the ground like that, so unresponsive."

Kenma didn't say anything else.

Was that why Kenma liked Hinata so much more? Did Kuroo worry Kenma too often? Was he too much of a bother?

"Sorry." Kuroo muttered softly.

Here was why this situation sucked. Kuroo's parents and Kenma's parents were off on a vacation all week and won't be back until Thursday. 4 days away.

Kuroo was specifically told that he was to stay at the Kenma's house, because he would be too much trouble on his own. So Kuroo couldn't go back to his room in his house and sulk about how he wasn't enough for Kenma.

Insecurities ~ MultifandomOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara