twelve

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 !

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

     After taking a shower and putting on a bit of makeup, Nova was ready for the day that was set to be full of streaming with the friends she had made. She was proud of herself for stepping out of her comfort zone; her safe space being the state in which she stayed at home and talked to no one. As Nova sat down at her desk chair, she thought back to the times she was lonely. She couldn't believe she had lived like that after keeping in contact with Corpse every single day. However, Nova didn't have much time to think on it. The mentioned man was waiting patiently for her. They had little time before Corpse and the others had to start streaming.

     Taking her mind off of her reminiscent thoughts, Nova booted her computer that she sat comfortably in front of. She logged in as usual and started Discord up. Upon seeing Corpse online, she initiated a private voice call with him. After a few seconds of waiting, Corpse answered with a simple, "So you're ready now, huh, Sleeping Beauty?"

     Nova giggled loudly. "I'm not Sleeping Beauty."

     "Why not?" Corpse inquired.

     "Because I don't sleep that much." Nova rolled her eyes, but then remembered that Corpse couldn't see her.

     "Fine. Fine. I'm gonna still call you princess, though."

     "What happened to baby?"

     "Oh, so you liked that?"

     Nova blushed a bit, now glad for the lack of visibility. "Uh... when did I say that?"

     "You didn't... but, uh, never mind," Corpse let out a chuckle. "Anyway, we should probably get started on fixing you up. Stream starts in two hours."

     "Okay!" Nova excitedly said, thrilled to be playing with her friends in a fun-sounding modded Among Us game.

     "So, first I'm gonna send you a link..." Corpse trailed off as Nova heard typing and then a ding notifying her of a received message. Nova noticed the link in their private chat so she clicked on it. "Okay, once you've clicked on it you should see a version list on the side. Click the latest one and download the .exe file."

     Nova did as she was told. "Got it," Nova informed the man. The two waited a few seconds for the application to download before Nova spoke up again. "It's done downloading."

     "Great," Corpse said. "Now run the application and you should be good."

     Nova clicked on the downloaded application at the bottom of her screen. It opened, but displayed an error message that said version not supported. "Um, an error message is popping up. It says 'version not supported,'" Nova informed Corpse.

     "Okay, easy fix. Update your Among Us in Steam to the latest version," Corpse helpfully answered.

     "Okay one sec..." Nova trailed off, her brain focused on fixing the error. She clicked on Steam and updated her Among Us. Once the game was finished updating, she restarted the proximity chat application. This time, it said open game. Nova clicked on that and it opened a new Among Us tab. "I think it's all good. Should it open a new game tab?"

     "Yup!" Corpse enthusiastically said. "You should be all good, princess. I'm gonna go set up my stream."

     "Okay!" Nova said. "I'll see you in an hour!"