thirty

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 !

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

     The two lovers had been sitting on the couch for hours, wrapped up in their own world mentally but physically connected. Their legs were intertwined, bent at odd angles. Corpse could feel Nova's breath on his neck as he worked on his laptop, sending off important emails and making plans for upcoming streams. While he worked, Nova scrolled on her phone, commenting on Instagram posts and going through TikTok. 

     Occasionally, the purple-haired girl would show Corpse a funny TikTok, earning a couple laughs. However, after the fifth interruption, Nova could feel Corpse's body tense up and noticed his lack of reaction to a video she thought he would die at. Feeling a brief pang in her heart at his nothingness, Nova frowned but said nothing. Instead, she turned her phone away and kept scrolling, trying to find one that would make Corpse laugh, as if it was her sole mission.

     After scrolling for ten minutes, Nova was sure she had found one that would get a reaction out of the deep-voiced man. So, Nova turned her phone to him, immediately setting him off.

     "Can't you see I'm trying to work on important shit? Like, I don't have time to watch your stupid TikToks," Corpse yelled at Nova, making her flinch and move away from him at the loud noise. "Fuck. Just get out of here so I can focus."

     Immediately, Nova's heart raced as the trauma of her parents came back. They would constantly berate her for little things, usually doing so in a loud voice. So, in the moment, Nova's body instinctively removed itself from the situation. She jumped up from the couch and grabbed her stuff, making a beeline to the door. Once she was out of Corpse's apartment, she didn't remember how she made it to her car, but she did. 

     Nova didn't want to stay there a moment longer. She immediately started her car and made her way back home, the familiar route she had taken many times. And then, only once she was on the road, did she allowed herself to cry. Hot and salty tears streamed down her face as she tried to blink them away, keeping her eyes on the road. Then, she let out a sob. The intake of air made her head spin, but Nova kept driving. She didn't know how she would deal with what happened, but she knew she needed to get home.