✮ SEVENTEEN ✮

Mila's pov

The second night, or first for most, had a different vibe than the night before. The night out before was spontaneous, just five friends stumbling around Ibiza with no plan in mind and a night of drunken mishaps on the horizon.

But tonight was different.

With a bigger group, it was harder to connect with everybody, especially the people she actually wanted to talk to.

"It is really interesting actually" Vik repeated himself for the fifth time, leaning closer to Mila so that she could hear him, "people just assume they're in the bin because they mixed their drinks" She nodded to the short man's rambling, not quite sure where the topic had come from or why he was telling her about it, but being too awkward to remove herself to the conversation.

"Oh...okay" she nodded again once he had finished, before he had the chance to repeat himself, again.

"Vik mate, you're waffling" Simon interrupted him from across the table, where he sat looking slightly peeved at a drunk JJ leaning against his body.

"No, I'm just saying-" Mila nearly rolled her eyes at the possibility of hearing his speech for the fifth time.

"Vik nobody cares" JJ spoke up suddenly, rather harshly before he laughed loudly, "Oh shit, man, I'm not bullying you, sorry" he giggled to himself softly as Vik laughed too, being a good sport about it.

"He's right lad" Ethan laughed just as loud, half a pint in his hand, he sat next to JJ with Lucy on his other side, Vik next to her, leaving an empty space next to Mila.

"Yeah, okay, okay" he agreed, picking up his drink and chugging the few mouthfuls left in the bottle.

Mila had been nursing her drink for about twenty minutes, watching her friends dance as she engaged in conversation with whoever would visit the table.

"Is he okay? Swear he's only had like two drinks" Lucy commented, sending a worried look in JJ's direction.

"Yeah, that's his second" Simon pointed towards a half-empty pint in front of JJ.

"He's just a lightweight" Vik informed her, leaning over to speak as he did.

"Big boxer man KSI can't hold a pint," Lucy raised her eyebrow, a smirk on her lips as Ethan burst out loud.

"She's got you there mate!" He shouted again, banging his hand on the table as JJ shook his head.

"Ahh, allow it fam"

Mila only smiled fondly at the people around her, taking them in; Simon's face, although obviously annoyed at JJ clinging to him, held a huge smile as he was happy to be with the people he was. JJ, to nobody's surprise, had droopy eyes and a slurred voice, somehow already drunk, Vik was close behind,however was able to form a sentence and have a train of thought.

She couldn't help herself from looking towards Lucy and Ethan every now and again, they looked awfully cosy which she'd reminded herself to talk to Lucy about later. Mila couldn't stop herself from smiling.

The group around her was engrossed in conversation which she was barely listening to. Mila was zoned out, her third glass of Gin starting to take a toll on her, however nowhere near as bad as JJ, she was only slightly tipsy.

She didn't even notice the added person at the table, despite them sitting right next to her and shouting to the group, that was until they nudged her shoulder harshly.

"What bout you, Mel?" Her head snapped to the left, seeing Harry sitting there, confused as to when he had joined them. He was clearly drunk, his eyes not focusing on her completely, with an expecting look on his face.

"What?" She questioned, furrowing her brows.

"I said do you fancy some shots, all these boring old fuckers have said no" he shook his head in mock disappointment, earning a laugh from the girl to which he smiled.

"You know what, I will" his face lit up like a kid on Christmas as he pulled her from the booth and towards the bar, pulling out a seat for her to sit at as he stood next to her. The bar, and club in general, was quite crowded, so he was pushed up right next to her leg.

His hand rested on her bare knee, more so to keep himself stable and beside her than in a sexual way, she had to remind herself.

"What we getting, then?" She asked, looking up and down the bar, trying to gain the attention of one of the three bartenders, all attractive men flirting with one girl or another.

"You're the guest, you decide," he told her, doing the same as her, lifting his free hand to flag one down, however, they completely ignored him.

"'Guest'?"

"Yeah, my idea, so only fair you pick the drink" She couldn't argue with that.

Only seconds later did Mila lift her hand to call a bartender, making eye contact with the smallest of the three men. His hair was black and pulled back by too much gel, and whilst he was the shortest he would still be taller than her.

"What can I get you, señorita?" He smirked as he leaned against the bar, either not seeing or not caring to see Harry standing right ight next to her.

"Two Sambuca shots please" She smiled at the man, ignoring his advances or at least trying to.

"We're back to this, huh?" Harry squeezed her knee as he spoke, the bartender not moving, however, finally acknowledging his presence.

"And for you, señor?" He raised a brow at Harry.

"Nah, just that mate, cheers" he held out ten Euros to the man, smiling politely as the man took his money.

"You didn't have to pay" Mila rolled her eyes, looking towards him.

"I invited you to shots, I pay" he shrugged, "but don't get used to this, I'm broke" he shook his head with a mock downtrodden look, making her laugh.

"Two shots for the beautiful lady" the bartender returned, winking at Mila, who quite frankly couldn't be arsed with advances tonight. So it was almost second nature for her to lean into Harry's side, smiling brightly as she thanked the man, looking 'lovingly' into Harry's eyes as he looked at her confused. It didn't take long for him to catch up though, as his hand left her knee, to her disappointment as it left it feeling cold, and wrapped around her shoulder instead.

It didn't take the bartender long to catch on, his jaw clenched as he handed Harry back his change, as if that wasn't his job, before walking away.

"I believe that's twice I've had to pretend to be your boyfriend to get you out of situations like this" Harry commented as they both took a shot each, his arm leaving her shoulder.

"Shut up, you wish" she smirked, throwing her head back as she downed the shot, smiling as she saw Harry do his a lot slower, she had notice the night before that he tended to drink them slower.

"I reckon I pull off a convincing boyfriend, I mean I've scared off two lads that has to mean something" he bigged himself up, his chest puffing out as she laughed at him.

"No, I think it just means I'm fit, and they're confused how you got a catch like this" Mila could barely hold in her laughter as his face dropped, a mock gasp coming from his mouth as he threw his arm around her shoulder, walking her back to their table.

"Cheeky" she laughed as he shook his head, "you're right though"

"What, that you're clapped?"

"No," he shook his head, removing his arm as they reached the now full table, with nowhere to sit, "that you're fit"

—————
Written:14th December 2020
Published: 14th December 2020
Edited: 17th June 2023
This story hit 4k yesterday and is like 150 away from 5k umm okie