✮ THREE ✮

Mila's pov

"Get the drinks in lad" Ethan laughed loudly as he fell into the blocky-purple couch in the airport lounge.

"It's a free bar" JJ replied, confusion clear on his face.

"Don't care lad, get the round" Ethan laughed even louder, causing many families and holidaymakers in the room to glance over.

"You are the big KSI after all" Vik laughed, his shoulders going up and down as he sat down, a lot more delicately than Ethan did.

"Ahh, allow it fam" JJ laughed, making his way to the bar anyway, Simon trailing behind to help.

"Where the fuck is Harry" Cal, as she had decided to call Freezy, shouted. He seemed to do that a lot if this was his inside voice she'd hate to see his outside one.

"Yeah, it's no fun without him" Lucy added, looking at the glass window separating them from the people walking past with their suitcases.

"...alright lass" Cal nodded slowly, his eyes going slightly wider as he looked back at Lux, staring at him before they both burst out laughing.

Lucy looked at them with her eyebrows furrowed, confused as to what they were laughing at. Only making Ethan join in with their cackling.

"Oi, Mila" yet another loud voice came from the other side of the large room, "what you having?" JJ gestured to the bar, asking what drink she'd like.

"Gin, please" she smiled, standing up and making her way over to help them carry the drinks.

She took three pints over, placing them carefully on the table, straight away Cal and Ethan took the one each and downed it, standing up as they did so as Lux cheered, filming them as he did.

Mila only laughed before looking to Talia, smiling then spinning back around to grab more drink.

"Just yours and Bog's there, Mila," Simon told her as they crossed paths, JJ and Simon sitting down as she walked back to the bar.

Picking up the two drinks before going back the whole time only having one question on her mind.

"Who the fuck is 'Bog'?" She asked, looking around the group who all had a drink, or empty pint glass, in their hand.

"That'd be me" a voice startled her from behind, taking the pint right out of her hand before she could even realise what was happening.

The room seemed to split as she turned.

The boys laughed, standing up to greet the new member that she didn't know, but through actually having a brain had deducted that this was Harry.

Lucy's face was what really gave it away though. Her eyes were flicking from the boy to the floor, her head turned to the side like she was trying to seem uninterested, but it just made her look as if she had a stiff neck.

However, the boy didn't seem to notice her there.  It upset Mila in a way, she had heard endlessly how much Lucy liked Harry, and to see him completely ignore her must have hurt.

"Welcome..." Mila mumbled as she sat down on the couch next to Talia, leaning into her side as she sipped her gin from a straw.

"Come for a fag" Lucy asked, more like stated, as she stood up, dragging Mila with her.

"Um...okay" She looked back at Talia, lightly seeing her eyes roll.

This was nothing new to Mila, Lucy often pulled her away so that she could smoke, knowing full well that Mila didn't smoke; well, cigarettes that it.

"Did you see him?" Lucy asked as she took her first drag, shivering as she let out her breath into the smoking room.

"Who?"

"Harry" Lucy replied like it was obvious.

"Oh...yeah I saw him, he seemed nice" Actually, Mila didn't have an opinion on Harry, yet. She hadn't spoken to him apart from their small interaction when he took his drink, and even that didn't tell her anything.

"He's great, I think his friends like me too"

Mila doubted that.

Although she had just met Cal, she assumed his small gesture earlier wasn't all jokes; but she didn't tell Lucy that.

"Yeah, you're well in" Mila laughed lightly as Lucy nodded.

"Obviously" Lucy joked back, reminding Mila why they were friends in the first place.

Whilst they had their fights and Talia loved to point out their differences, they had been friends since sixth form and to throw that all away would be horrible.

They seemed to understand each other, having similar jokes and sharing experiences that Mila wouldn't have had without Lucy. Mila's mother, Janine, had expressed multiple times how these 'experiences' weren't what a young girl needed, and was a huge reason why she disliked Lucy.

"Come on, it's freezing"

"Flights in twenty minutes" Talia mentioned an hour later, to nobody in particular, most of her attention on her phone.

"We should probably go then" The group nodded at Lux's words, all grabbing their bags and making their way to the right gate.

It had been a quick hour for Mila, listening in lightly to the group's conversation whilst keeping her own with Talia and Freya.

"Ibiza here we come" JJ shouted as they walked down the tunnel, handing their tickets to an air hostess who directed them to their seats.

————
Me making Lucy as unlikeable as possible bc she's based off of somebody I don't like :)
Written:18th November 2020
Published:18th November 2020
Edited:17th June 2023