✮ NINE ✮

Mila's pov

"They're not answering" Mila mumbled, handing Harry back his phone. Since she had only met them tonight and didn't have any of their numbers, he had offered to call them but was too out of his head to find their contacts in his phone.

"It's probably too loud in whichever club they're in" He pointed out, gesturing to the rows of clubs along the road they were stumbling down, Milas heels in her hands, now regretting it and thinking back to what Ethan had said to her.

"Or they're passed out somewhere" she laughed back, smiling to herself as she looked at her feet, trying not to fall over.

"You good?" He asked her, holding onto her arm to keep her stable, despite his stumbling, "We can sit down somewhere and figure out what to do" She nodded at his, surprisingly, logical idea.

Soon they stumbled to a bench, Harry's arms leaning along the back of it as he relaxed.

"We could go back to the Villa" he suggested, "but that'd be poor from us, it's only..." he checked his phone, "5 am, Jesus we're fucked"

"5 am...maybe we should go back" She looked up and down the street, seeing multiple other groups wobbling their way up the cobbled streets as well.

"No...." he dragged out the 'o' as he shook his head, "it's the first night, the sun isn't up yet we can still have some more fun"

He made a good point.

They had gone out intending to have a good night, and that's what they would have.

"Yeah..." she nodded, standing up, "you're right, but I can't be bothered with a club"

He didn't reply, staying sat down, looking up and down the street before his head stopped, a smile rising to his lips. His eyes stayed droopy, making him look even more gone than he probably was.

"Shop" was all he said as he stood up, walking away leaving Mila to trail behind, confused.

But she wasn't confused much longer as Harry walked into the corner shop, going straight to the liquor.

Mila wandered around the shop, leaving Harry to do his thing. She knew he would be buying a drink, so decided it would do them some good to have something to drink from.

"Harry" she called over to the boy, he spun around, nearly falling into a spinning sunglasses rack. Mila held up two shot glasses, one with glass moulded boobs with a bikini over it and the other mirroring a beer glass, handle and all.

His face lit up, his head quickly going up and down as he picked up a bottle of apple Ciroc, putting it on the counter as well as the shot glasses. He paid, having to swat Mila's hand away as she tried to offer him money.

If somebody had told Mila a week ago when she had agreed to go on the holiday, that on the first night, she'd be; singing 'Hey there Delilah' at the top of her lungs, leaning against a stack of sunbeds on the sandy beaches whilst looking out to sea, with a near black-out drunk boy she'd met only a few hours earlier swaying her with his arm around her shoulder, an almost empty bottle of Ciroc in his other hand she wouldn't have believed them.

But somehow that's where she'd ended up.

"It's only the first night" Mila started as the song finished, "but this is the best holiday I've had in ages"

The music had changed to an old school 80's classic, and they could hear cheering from the pub the music was blasting from.

Harry didn't reply to her, he just laughed and raised the bottle to his mouth, taking a huge gulp before placing the bottle in between them, capping it.

"Tell me something about you" Mila mumbled after a couple of minutes, tired of the silence they'd created.

"I have a minor drug problem" he replied, quicker than she thought he would, "and I'm currently drinking my problems away" This time he picked up the bottle and took another drink, worrying Mila slightly.

"What problems?"

"Going through a breakup, first girlfriend, five years down the drain" She didn't know what to say, it was a lot to take in at a sudden moment, adding to the fact her brain was already foggy.

"It'll get better..." she trailed off, she had never been the best at consoling people. She lacked empathy at the best of times, the alcohol once again not helping.

"Everybody says that, so it must be true" he shrugged, standing up and holding his hand out to her.

"Where are we going?" Mila asked him, grabbing his hand so that he could pull her up, leaving the glasses and almost empty bottle in the sand between the sun beds.

"We're on the beach...the seas right there, come on then" he started running, dragging her down the beach and towards the water, stopping to pull his shoes and socks off as she left her heels next to them.

He ran in, not bothering that his shorts and t-shirt were getting wet, knowing that he had hundreds back home, but Mila really liked her outfit.

"Harry, no my skirt"

"Then take it off" he called back, not noticing what he had said and definitely not meaning it in the way it sounded.

If Mila was sober she would have denied it in a heartbeat and gone to sit back with their stuff, but in her intoxicated state, she was considering it.

"Or just come in, and worry about the consequences later"

That sounded better.

Mila couldn't help but smile as she listened to him again, running into the water without a second thought.

————
Written: 29th November 2020
Published: 29th November 2020
Edited: 17th June 2023
I hate this chapter so much.