"Bertholdt, give Eren back," Mikasa said, as deadpanned as she had before.

"It's no use," Bertholdt said, "I can't, someone has to be the one to do it. Someone has to be the one to stain their hands with blood."

"You guys, get away from there!" I looked down and I saw Hannes riding close to the Armored Titan. Then we all looked ahead and we saw Commander Erwin coming toward us with a horde of titans. I was in shock, I had no clue what he had in mind. We all jumped off of the Armored Titan back onto our horses. Luckily my horse had followed the rest of the horses so I had a ride. We split off just in time so we avoided the clash between the Armored Titan and the horde. We rode far away and watched the clash, then the Armored titan let out a giant roar.

"Soldiers, Charge!" I heard Erwin yell, I looked over at Jean who was as shocked as I was. "The fate of humanity will be determined in this very moment!" Commander Erwin yelled, "There is no future where humanity can inhabit these lands without Eren! We recover Eren and immediately retreat! Give your hearts!" Mikasa immediately started to run into battle. I looked over at Armin and sent him a determined smirk, he nodded. Then I hit the reins of my horse and he did as well, we immediately ran into battle. We needed to get to Eren and I made a promise to Armin that we would ride into battle together.

I looked up and saw the Armored Titan remove his hands from his neck revealing Bertholdt and Eren. I smirked, "look, it worked, his hands are gone, we can get him, I can get him," I said. Armin looked over at me, "Jenny, do you not see all those titans, you'd have to pass through all of them to even get at Bertholdt" I knew I could do it, I had faith in myself.

"Advance," I heard Erwin yell, I looked back at him, all of a sudden a titan flew in and took him by the arm, "COMMANDER ERWIN," I heard a scout yell. I watched as the titan took him away, "advance, Eren is just ahead, advance" he yelled. I turned back around and continued to advance, I could feel people around me get taken off their horse, eaten, or smashed under a titan's foot. I had my objective though, I was going to be the one who retrieved Eren. I rode past different titan hands trying to grab me. I dodged big titan feet trying to squish me. I was almost there but Mikasa beat me, she swung up and sliced at Bertholdt making him jump to dodge her. What she didn't see was a titan hand she was falling into, the titan crushed her, not killing her but injuring her for sure. I heard her scream out in pain.

"Mikasa!" I screamed, Jean and Armin rode up beside me

"Let her go!" Jean yelled as he swung up to hit the titan in the eye.

I used this distraction to land on Reiner and talk to Bertholdt, "Bertholdt," I yelled, getting his attention, "Jenny?" we finally made eye contact, I looked into his eyes, he was locked in my gaze, I could feel him trying to pull out of it but I tried to keep him in. It worked. My vision blurred and I saw scenes of Bertholdt's childhood flash before my eyes. I saw a girl, Annie, the female titan, it was a lot of her, her when they were kids, her when they were in the Cadet Corps, he would just look at her, longingly. She must be on his mind right now. I broke eye contact, realizing exactly what I needed to say to distract him. I realized the feelings he had for this girl and decided to use them against Bertholdt. 

I curved my lips into a sinister smile, "Bertholdt, do you know what you two are doing by running?" I asked him, "you're leaving your comrade behind and going home? You're leaving her here, you're leaving Annie to rot within the walls" When I said the word comrade Bertholdt's eye's widened, they got even bigger when I said Annie, "she's here all alone, she's in deep, and they're torturing her you know? That's right, that's what Jean and Armin said, they hated hearing her screams but at least she can heal right, no matter what they do she can heal but she still feels pain, and they won't let her rest" I said, I crossed my arms and smirked at him, I could tell this got to him.