It's in my blood

I woke up the next day to the sun shining through my window, I looked over and Sasha was gone. I had realized the night before that someone had brought my things into my room for me. I went ahead and unpacked, putting my clothes in the drawers. I changed out of my sleep clothes and looked out the window, I realized it was midday already. Everyone was out preparing for the mission, I saw some new recruits loading supplies on a wagon. There was a knock at the door, I turned around and opened the door and saw Sasha standing there.

"Hey, you're awake!" Sasha said, "come on, Hange wants to show you how the Executioner from Hell works," she grabbed my arm and led me out of the living quarters towards a wagon. In the wagon, Eren, Levi, Mikasa, Hange, and Moblit were all sitting there. Sasha announced our presence, "Section Commander, I brought her, she was awake so I didn't have to wake her up"

"Thanks, Sasha, now come on, get in the wagon and we will ride to the wall, we have something to show you, Jenny," Hange said, Sasha and I obeyed their orders and got on the wagon. Moblit hit the reins and we were off towards the wall. It didn't take very long to get there but it was faster to ride there than if we walked. We used the lifts to get up the wall.

"This is her, the Executioner from Hell," Hange said, "We've been able to kill nearly all of the titans, at least enough to make it to Wall Maria safely" I listened to Hange as they explained how Eren used his hardening skills to make it. I turned around and looked at Eren and gave him a thumbs-up, he sent me a small smile. I looked into his eyes to try to figure out what he was thinking but his eyes weren't the same as when I left, he seemed sadder almost. I looked over at Mikasa and she seemed to share my worry. Mikasa walked over towards me and placed a hand on my shoulder, "he's okay, don't worry, I think he's just having a rough moment" I nodded.

We stood on the wall and watched the Executioner from Hell kill a couple of titans. Hange cheered every time a titan was killed, Moblit tried to calm them down but it was no use. This went on for a while, Sasha and I laughed at Hange and Moblit's antics. Soon enough Captain Levi had gotten bored and pulled Hange back towards the lift so we could head back to the training barracks. We rode down the lift and boarded the wagon once again and rode back to the soldier's quarters.

"Hey, Jenny, we have some time do you maybe want to hang out for a little bit?" Armin asked me as we got off the wagon. I nodded and sent Sasha a little wave, she looked between me and Armin and nodded back at me, and walked away. I followed Armin down a hallway, he looked around behind me and saw no one around, he grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a kiss. His arms snaked around my waist as I kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in closer, I felt him smile into the kiss. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine, he smiled, "I've been thinking about how our second kiss would be" he said. I laughed, "technically that was our third, I kissed you once more before I left remember?"

"you're seriously coming after me on a technicality?" he asked I laughed, "wait, Armin, are you sure no one's going to come down here?" I asked him, suddenly worried that someone would find us. Armin shook his head, "no don't worry, this hall leads to the jail cell and we don't have anyone there right now" he said. I smirked and pulled him in for another kiss, he was shocked but kissed me back. I missed the feeling of his lips on mine, he had soft lips and his kiss was gentle. I didn't want it to end but soon enough Armin parted and took a step back.

"Well, now that we've got that out of the way, I wanted to show you something," he said grabbing my hand. I laced my fingers with his and we walked. He took me up some stairs and soon enough we were on the roof, the sun was shining, it looked like it was almost dinner time.

"I wanted to watch the sunset with you and talk," he said sitting down on a bench that was on the roof. I sat down on the bench next to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist, "what did you want to talk about?" I asked him. Armin took a deep breath in, "Jenny, I need you to know that I'm serious about you," I stared at him and tried to figure out what he meant, "I'm serious about being with you Jenny, I like you a lot and while you were gone I couldn't stop thinking about you," he said. I felt my cheeks turn red, "I really like you too Armin, and I do want to be with you, being away from you was so hard and I don't want to do that again" I said, he sent me a smile, "so, what do we do now?" I asked him.