The Titans

We came to where my house was. It was in the forest of great trees. Well, I don't know if they are great trees but, there certainly were a lot of trees.

"Why are we here this is a tourist area?" Jean asked.

"I don't know," Armin said. "Everyone stop!" A voice from the trees said. I looked around and noticed there were more scouts around. I guess this is where we were meeting up. 

"Listen up, we are going into interception mode. Wait here in the trees for any titans"We all nodded

"Jenny you stay with me," Armin said quietly I nodded slowly. We stood in the trees waiting for titans. Jean complained about how stupid these orders were

"be quiet he'll hear you," Armin said. "Five Meter approaching!" Captain said. "Armin we can't allow titans in the forest," Jean said

"So that means we don't have to fight them?" I said I figured if we weren't going to run we had to attack.

"Jenny do you have experience fighting titans?" Armin asked.

"I've been killing them since I was eight years old, since the fall of Shigashina". Armin's eyes went wide "I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I had to at least survive."

"How old did you say you were?"

"I'm 14 years old, at least I think I am, it was hard to keep track of time all alone in the forest," Armin's eyes narrowed he seemed to be thinking. 

"How old are you?" I asked

"I'm fifteen same as all the other rookies around here. You seem to be pretty good when you attacked the female titan. It reminded me of something my friend would do, she is the best in our class." Armin seemed to zone out again.

"Did you live in Shigashina?"

"Yea, well, I lived in the forest outside the wall near Shigasgina, where did you come from?"

"Shigashina" my eyes widened.

"I lived there until the fall, Eren and Mikasa who you'll hopefully meet when this is all over also came from Shigashina. Us three are like family, considering all of our family is dead."

Armin looked in the distance and seemed to be thinking, he didn't seem to be sad, he was just, thinking. 

"My parents abandoned me after the fall. I've stayed at my house most of the time, I had to learn how to survive. It was scary being seven not knowing what to do. That's when a scout's body dropped, I know it was wrong but I took the cape and the gear from the scout." I sat down on the branch.

"You mean to tell us that you've been hiding out here and killing titans for seven years?" Jean said

"Yea, you got a problem with me?" I said I put on my scary face and he backed away.

"No, I'm just surprised you live that long. Then again I'm not surprised, after all, Armin survived training"

"Hey don't talk about him like that! Armin is very nice and smart, unlike you" I said crossing my arms. Jean scoffed I hopped over to his tree and messed up his hair and gave him a hug

"I'm sorry ya know just don't be mean to Armin, if you're mean to my friends then I will hurt you" Jean had a sad face. "Don't worry you're my friend too" I hopped back to the tree with Armin. He wasn't that strong but I just felt safer with him.

"Did you have any friends in Shigashina?" He asked

"Yea I had a lot!"

"That's a lie," Armin said

"Yea I didn't really have any friends I had a brother though, he was only a baby during the fall and left with my parents." I thought about my brother I wondered if my parents remembered me and if they were alive

"What's your last name again?"

"Zohonya"

"Only your father was drafted for the expedition after the fall your mother wasn't, I presume it was because of the baby." My eyes went wide.

"H-how do you know?"

"I have a photographic memory when they posted the draft and I saw my dad's name I don't know I just had to know who else got picked." I nodded in response and thought that maybe my mom was still alive.

"Hey, Jenny!" I looked toward the voice it was Jean. "Yea?"

"Come hang out with me I wanna get to know ya better" I blushed little I had never been acknowledged by a guy. I don't know why I always felt so weak around Jean. I hopped down and just as I landed Jean said we had to move. So we all moved past a titan trying to crawl up the trees. "It looks like he's getting the hang of it," Jean said

"That means he's capable of learning, which is bad," Armin noted. I wondered if Armin was ok after bumping his head and all. "I think I know what's going on inside, after all they lured the female titan all this way. I'm guessing they want to capture it." Jean said. I thought about it that maybe that was a probable cause. Armin gasped, he looked towards the inside then back at me.

"Scared Jenny?" I shook my head "don't worry I'll protect you" Jean said. The titan finally reached the top after climbing. The two boys stood at a ready position. But then the titan fell and they relaxed.

"Do you think he made the wrong decision?" Jean asked

"No" Armin answered

"But so many people have died already!" Jean said, I stood there quietly observing them as they argued

"Jean, you have to look at the big picture here, and no one knows how things will turn out. We don't know but we always have to face choices and we have to choose between sacrificing our troops or all of humanity and he chose us." Armin argued

I finally spoke up "My mom used to tell me: a person who can bring change is someone who is willing to give up something precious. Someone when they face up against a monster can abandon his own humanity. A person who cannot give up anything can change nothing" they looked at me "wise proverb from such a young girl" Jean said smacking me on the back. I laughed a bit then I smacked my hand on my mouth. I hadn't laughed in so long. There was really nothing to laugh at. "What's wrong you have such a cute laugh," Jean said. Then we heard a huge roar and I grabbed Armin's arm because I was scared. It went on for a while and seemed to come out of the forest. When I realized that I grabbed his arm I pulled off blushing. Armin seemed to be blushing too but maybe it was just my imagination. Then many titans came running into the forest "what do we do there's too many of them?!?!"

"They're ignoring us?!" The three of us got ready and had our blades out but didn't bother attacking them. Since they had no interest in us. Then we saw blue signals flying up everywhere

"Over already?" Jean said. We jumped down off the trees and onto our horses. I still had to ride with Armin but I was ok with it. I felt a bit awkward after what had happened earlier, but I blew it off. 

"Do you think the operation was a success?" I asked.

 "We won't know until we get back," Armin said, "But we do know it has to be one of us" I looked back and forth, unsure what they were talking about.

"How do you know that?" Jean asked

"It has to be one of us because we are the only people who know that Eren can turn into a titan. Which means that someone who was there at that time is a titan". We kept riding on past the trees till everyone regrouped. So, Eren can turn into a titan, and the other titan we saw was also a person that knew Eren could turn into a titan. I sighed, what had I gotten myself into.