Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Ameen ummulkhairi. I'm impressed. You took the matter the way I never imagined you would. I never thought you'll handle the matter this way. I always thought that you'll cry uncontrollably over what happened and blame me for not telling you about this early."

"No umma what's there to cry about when this is not my first time experiencing this. In fact I even experience more than this and that is the death of both my parents, I survived that and I'm still breathing so this isn't that big of a deal it's just that I will get hurt but it's okay and I know Allah have better plans for me inshallah."

"Are you sure you're okay dear?" she asked again cupping her face in her palms.

"Yeah umma am good" she answered nodding her head.

Those days were one of khair's thoughest days that she never imagined going through after what she experienced on her momma's death not even in her wildest dream but it turned out that she has now went through them and emerge victorious at the end for going past through them and you know they say experience is the best teacher.

Surprisingly khair never even for one second blame mukthar.

Ummu was noticing every of khair's move and action silently.

She gives her the space she needs even before she asks and she gave nabeel a break because in her opinion khair will feel and think that she is intentionally rubbing it on her face so she distance her self away from him.

And imran kept his promise, he often come to see khair when ever he's free but in the name of visiting umma.

No matter how hard he tries he cannot seem to stop the one sided love he has for khair from rikendling.

Though she isn't even aware of his feelings and doesn't reciprocate them he still feels for her.

So many times when he's alone he use to think about her that "how can a single girl turn both me and mukthar into psychos? We're both crazy for her because she's different from other girls. She's unique, she's one in town" and this started happening after mukthar left because when he was present imran doesn't stand any chance but now he can't seem to control himself from thinking of having her as his spouse.

He's blinded by khair's love that he doesn't see the consequence of his action when done.

And everyday his love is slowly growing into desire, the desire to have her at any cost.

He always wonder how this little girl that grew up in his house capture his heart and his feelings this way.

The girl which he never ever imagined of loving in a sisterly way talkless of marriage capture his attention.

The girl which he hates along with her mom when they moved in here with every part of his being becomes the one ruling his heart.

How?

But today he's yearning for her love, her attention, her everything.

"I wish I can take the time back to when umma asked me to get married. I would have declined her at the spot and wait for this day to come, the day mukthar and khair's relationship came to an end. How I wish... But I guess it's not too late, if she's ment to be my wife then one way or the other Allah will find a way to get us married sooner or later, I'll just have to wait for his perfect timing" that was imran talking to himself.

**********

"Rashida don't you think it's a very good idea to fix ummulkhairi and imran together as man and wife?" Alhaji asked umma.

"Kai Alhaji! Which marriage kuma after he's already married?" Umma asked with surprise.

"Yes I know he's married but there is still room for three more wives you know."

"Look alhaji I understand what you're saying and why you're saying this. It's because of the sympathy you have for khair and what she went through recently but I assure you that she's doing perfectly alright because she's a though girl."

"Okay... Since you said so but I want to marry her off to a righteous and responsible man and to fulfill the promise I made to her mother and grandmother" alhaji Said.

"Don't worry alhaji. Inshallah she will find herself a suitable husband and I'll sincerely say this.. I don't want khair to marry imran because number one it hasn't even been a year since he got married, what will people think of him when they learn that he's getting married again and number two from what I see he doesn't love her, you know him and his attitude, I bet not even a single conversation has ever taken place between the both of them apart from greetings. I don't want a situation where we'll both tie their hands because you know none of them can say no to what we ask them to do."

"Ehh toh you have a point. Let's wait for her to finish her studies first then everything can happen afterwards."

"Allah ya nuna mana" said umma.

"Ameen" alhaji replied.

.
.

The year 2020 has been exceptionally difficult and challenging due to COVID - 19 global pendemic. By the grace of God we're leaving it behind us and looking forward to the new year. I wish you and your family a very prosperous and happy new year🎊🥂.

Love nwantinti, see as imran dey have strong feelings for khair.

How I wish I was in her place I would have been the happiest and luckiest girl on earth knowing someone loves me this much🙈😂.

Don't tell khair but I'm planning on snatching imran from her😉😂.

Walaha for who no get boyfriend😂😂.

Don't get confused, I changed the name of ummu's boyfriend from khalil to nabeel because I went through the book and found out that one of ruquayya's brothers already bears the same name so I had to change it.

Don't forget to do the usual;
Vote,
Comment,
Share
& Follow.

Saudatuuh_B✍️