Chapter 50 - the return of Strongbow

Start from the beginning

"Thank you! Just what I was lookin' for." Shorty sticks his head out of the bag.

Eugene helps shorty out of the bag.

You see the figure again. "Uh-oh. Okay, guys. We should back to the castle."

Eugene pulls you and Rapunzel away and you start walking until the figure appears again.

"Oh. Who is that?" Rapunzel asks.

"You know, I don't know, and something tells me, we shouldn't stop to ask." Eugene pushes you forward to another ally but the figure is there too.

"Uh, oh.. dead end..." you say.

"Rapunzel vase now!" Eugene shouts.

You get your sword out ready.

Rapunzel runs off leaving you and Eugene together.

The figure is now in front of you both. You point your sword at him.

The figure laughs. "Wow! Did I get both Rider and Starlight?"

You both look confused, the man takes off their hood.

"Man, you should've seen your—"

Rapunzel knocks them out with the Vase.

"Bam! Ha-ha! Follow that, buddy!" She laughs.

"You know I meant hide in the vase, right?" Eugene says.

You facepalm and giggle at her.

"Princess Rapunzel meet... Lance Strongbow..." Eugene says.

Lance groans, "How ya doin'..."

-
-
-
Your back at the castle stood next to Eugene while Lance tells stories.

"So there I was, Princess... Angry warlord to my left, ferocious dire wolves to my right, gold coins in my hand, and where are my faithful partners, Flynn Rider and Starlight striker? Turns out this warlord had these twin daughters who were-"

Eugene interrupts, "Who were on vacation far, far away."

"Oh, come on, Eugene. I may have grown up in a tower, but give me a little credit." Raps smiles.

"Wasn't I with the Barron and Stalyan?" You ask.

"Yeah,  you were to young back then to go on adventures like ours." Lance smiles.

Lance snatches a few cups while Cass talks.

"So, we already know how 'Starlight' met 'Flynn' but how did you meet them?"

"Oh, we go way back, all the way to, the orphanage," Eugene answers while placing the cups back.

"Yeah. We looked out for each other when no one else would. In fact, you can say we're the closest thing any of us ever had to a family." Lance hugs you and Eugene.

"Aw, you guys!" Rapunzel smiles.

Cass gets closer to Lance, "So, Lance Strongbow if you guys are so tight, where have you been all these years?"

"Where have I been? More like, where haven't I been?" Lance chuckles.

"You were in prison weren't you."

"Mostly, yes. But you know, right now, I'm not thinkin' about where I've been. I'm thinking about where I'm headed." He smirks.

"Ha-ha, yes! That's the attitude!" Raps smiles.

"And right now, I'm headed to the bathroom." He walks out.

"Oh. Still, the attitude."

Cass clears her throat and Pete follows Lance.

"Oh, come on! Lance is our friend!" Eugene protests.

"You're right. Stan, go with Pete."

Stan follows Pete.

"Hey, hey, Lance might not be the straightest arrow in the quiver, but he's our guest. He's a good guy, and we don't need to shadow him." Eugene defends him.

"Yeah. I agree. Lance is their oldest friend. He wouldn't take advantage of that."

"Well, I don't trust the guy. I don't know what he's up to, but whatever it is, I don't like it." Cass crosses her arms.

"Look, Cassandra, I know you'd love nothing more than to see one of my old friends embarrass me, and I hate to disappoint you, but my friend Lance is not "up to" anything."

Eugene pulls you with him to go find Lance.

He sees him go around the corner and pins him to the wall.

"Okay, Lance, what are you up to?"

You stand the with your arms crossed ready to pull out your sword any second.

"Up to? Me? You think I would come all the way down-- Uh, see-- It w-- Okay, I need help with a job."

"You want our help with a job?" Eugene looks confused.

"Well, not a "job," a job. It's simple, victimless, like taking candy from a baby. And as previously established, I just spent a little time in the clink." He smiles sneakily.

Lance tells a story about a guy called oldie.

"Great story. Could've used a bit more conflict, but the use of props added a nice touch." You clap.

"I'm serious. It's just sitting there. And I need your help to go get it."

You pull out your sword, pointing it at him, "I'm sorry, but you can count us out. Our days as thieves are behind us."

Lance puts his hands up and still talks, "I don't need thieves. I need friends. Come on, Starlight."

You point the sword closer, "It's (__)."

Lance chuckles, "(__)?! What 'bout you Flynn?"

"Eugene." He crosses his arms.

"Eugene and (__)?" He laughs  "Talk about your throwbacks. You both got your break, a huge break.' all I'm asking is for a little help getting my own. Please? Come on, guys." Lance pleads.

Eugene sighs, "Well, I guess it is a victimless crime..."

"They don't come less victimful."

"Fine. I'll help you. But you have to promise, not a word to anyone, especially Cassandra! And, honestly, put those back."

You sigh and point your sword down, "Fine if Eugene is in I'm in. But DON'T call me Starlight."

"Alright, Striker," Lance smirks.

You point your sword at him.

"Alright! Alright! (__) it Is! Who gave this kid a sword!?"

"Its called being trusted enough to have one." You stare at him.

He pushes your sword down with his hand. "Aw, she's like a feisty little kitten."

Eugene gets in front of you, "Lance I would be extremely careful on what you say about her, she is no kitten when she's mad." He whispers.

You smirk and put your sword back in your belt.

Wait, what have you just gotten yourself into...