He furrowed his brows at your question, almost as if he was confused about why you'd even consider asking him that.

He opened his mouth to speak, but cut himself off, eyes widening in realization.

He snorted.

You watched with annoyance as he laughed whole-heartedly, his shoulders shaking as he struggled to compose himself, your question throwing him into a fit of amusement.

"You-You don't know?" He gasped through his giggles. "You mean, you've been here all this time and you still don't know?"

Another wave of laughter crashed over him as he stared at your confused face, his hand moving to rest on his forehead as he processed all of the information laid before him.

Taehyung frowned, glaring at his brother as he laughed at you.

"Enough, Edwin." He gritted. "There is no need to bring this up now-"

"What do you mean, brother?" He asked, calming himself down. "I think it is only fair that we let her in on the truth, don't you? After all, it doesn't seem right that she doesn't know her story when all of us are painfully aware of our own...I don't believe it's fair that she gets to remain blissfully ignorant."

"What are you talking about?" You asked angrily, quickly becoming annoyed with your exclusion from whatever inside joke the two new about.

Titan smiled down at you.

"Do you know that being the Keeper has always been called a 'gift'?" He asked, tilting his chin up confidently. "Everyone in this land grows up thinking that The Keeper is almighty and all-powerful, but that isn't exactly true..."

Your brow twitched in annoyance, just wanting him to get on with it.

"The gift is passed down from generation to generation," He explained. "The Keeper may have one child. This child receives the gift as soon as it is born...Which means that the previous Keeper has fulfilled their purpose and is then, therefore, irrelevant to the stories."

"This is not the time, Edwin." Taehyung growled, eyeing the guards. "She shouldn't have to find out this way."

"You see," He said, ignoring his brother, "Passing down the gift, that is your only purpose in life. Once the gift is gone, so are you. Your father tried avoiding this as long as he could. That's why he fled to the mortal world. He was quite careful on how he went about doing it. He brought his woman to the mortal world, conceived you in the mortal world...I suppose the old fool thought it would be enough to spare himself and his child from the cruel fate that awaited the two of you."

Your eyes widened at his words, breath hitching in your throat.

"My-My father?" You repeated.

He smiled at your response.

"It worked for some time." He said. "But, once you were born, it was merely a ticking clock for him. Being in the mortal world slowed the process by about 8 years or so...I imagine that he spent all the time he could with you...before he was forced to join the previous Keepers in death."

Your chest was heaving now, confusion and panic written all over your features. You tried to hide the way you felt from the man in front of you, hating the fact that it was going to push Titan to enjoy this even more.

"So no, lovely," He purred. "I would never wish to be The Keeper. For the Keeper's tale is a story that always ends in tragedy."

You were frozen in your place.

How were you supposed to process this information? You didn't remember your father. You never even knew your father...there was no way that anything he was saying could actually be true, right?