III_11

"Are you sleeping?" I whispered into the darkness.

"You are wrapped around me like a vine. What do you think?"

I chuckled "Is that a complaint?"

"Not at all. It's not like you're killing me. You are only breaking my oxygen supply" she said sarcastically.

"Anju!" I reprimanded, loosening my deathly grip on her.

She smiled against my neck and said sweetly "Yes, Vamsi?"

I can't help but smile at the absurdity of our conversation. Anju is in my arms and nothing ever felt better before. If only time could freeze.

"I don't want to sleep" I confessed quietly.

"Don't want to or can't?" she teased, obviously making fun of my insomnia.

"Somebody's in a good mood" I commented feeling cheerful myself "Guess saying something a million times worked"

"It was not a million times"

"Really? Sure felt like that" I said satirically.

She laughed against my shoulder "Shut up"

It's been a long time since I heard her laugh. After a month of aloofness, to see Anju so open feels awesome.

Her laughter seems like an M.M.Keeravani's melody to my ears.

"If you want me to say it another million times, I will" I said softly.

She didn't speak a word.

"What are you thinking?" I asked in the quietness.

"Why did you come back? You were very angry when you left"

Thoughts of my brother crossed my mind but knowing Anju's pride, she'd hate him if she knew what happened. Besides, I have already made up my mind to not give up on her.

"I will always come back to you" I muttered, strengthening my hold on her again.

When she didn't respond, I added "You were scared I won't?"

She nodded as her grip on the back of my shirt tightened "I thought I lost you. Again"

I kissed her hair "Never"

"I missed you"

"I know" I whispered.

"I hated being away from you" she complained.

"I know"

"But I never hated you"

"I know"

She slapped my back "If you knew everything, how come you didn't know that I lo------ my feelings for you?"

I grinned at her dramatic pause "What did you say?"

She hesitated and after yet another long pause, said dully "Nothing"

Amused by her reluctance to confess, I said "I don't claim to know everything"

She muttered something inaudible under her breath but let it go.

"I've missed you" I mumbled into her hair "So much. I will never let you go again"

"You better not" she's quick to retort earning a smile from me.

Everything may seem alright now but Anju still doesn't know what actually transpired between Nisha and me.

I don't want to spoil the moment by bringing it up but I also know it's necessary. I don't want Anju throwing back words of abandoning her the next time we have a fight.