I_10

The news of Vamsi and Nisha's relationship spread in college two days later. For the next few days, that's what everyone talked about. How perfect they are for each other!

I wish I stayed in Neha's pink room for a week until everything abated but there's a project that needs my attention and eventually, life has to move on.

My best friend looked the happiest I have ever seen and that bore a hole in my chest for not being happy for him.

My bad temper about the entire situation made him think I'm irritable cause I am worried about the project because of their relationship when it's the last thing on my mind.

Though he picks me up from home and sits behind my bench, I evade him outside of classes with Neha's help. She'd say she needed me and take me to her home every day where we worked on our respective projects til night.

On the outside, I am my usual grumpy self but in the inside I am a mess. Even sleep is tormenting me as my dream of kissing Vamsi is now replaced with their kiss in the lab and I'd wake up in anger and frustration.

He hasn't slept in my bed in more than a week which means his insomnia is now mine to worry about.

But I know my life is about to turn dreadful when I saw Anila walking up to me in the women's lounge.

"Anjali!" Her chirpy toned yell made me close my eyes reflexively.

"Kill me please" I mumbled under my breath and Neha looked into the mirror at the incoming tornado as she washed her hands in the sink.

Her eyes hardened and she gave a long exhale "What's up Anila?"

"Just want to see how you are doing"

"I'm fine. Now, go away please"

"Aww.. What are your plans for Valentine's day? Getting blown off by Shaan for the 1000th time?"

She laughed at her own joke making me clench my teeth "What do you want?"

"Just a friendly talk"

"We are not friends" I pointed out.

"Class mates. Same thing" she said carelessly, turning her gaze back at Neha "I have a little appointment today, so I will----"

"She's not doing any more of your dirty work" I retorted firmly.

Turning her attention on me, she said "I have a date"

"She has work"

"She will have to postpone it then"

"There lies the answer" I said coolly, looking at my best friend "She's postponing her date"

"It's chocolate day!"

"What?" I said, appalled. 

"Of course you don't know" she said, her signature smirk on place "It's not like any boy showed interest in you"

"Bet, you got more than your fill" Neha slid in, looking bored.

"Of course. Unlike some, I don't have to go around chasing boys"

The subtle jibe at Neha snapped something in me and I had no control over the words that left my mouth "And you repay them by spreading your legs?"

Neha gasped.

Anila glared. I have gotten immune to the mean-ness under all her fluff but the way she's throwing daggers at me made me realize I just started a war.

Her cool mask slipped back on her face and she said "I get where's that coming from, sis. Considering you lost your only opportunity of bagging a boy, I understand that you are bitter"