Jungkook sat up, running a hand through his dark locks. His eyes opened just barely, squinting at me. "You wanna do me a favor and kiss it better, princess?"

I rolled my eyes, feeling like I had no choice but to deflect. "What did you sleep here for? You have your own bed that you paid to lay in." Jungkook yawned, stretching his hands above his head. Afterward, he stood up, gathering his blanket from the carpeted floor. I stepped back as Jungkook regained his natural height.

I watched as he leaned on the wall behind him, crossing his arms-- his chest puffed out further. "I paid to be your roommate, and to be a good one-- and being your personal throne was just a lovely add on."

I hummed. "You're despicably good with words. It's infuriating."

Jungkook let out a dry laugh, raising his eyebrows. "Am I now? So when I start talking I just turn into a pied piper for you? That's sort of hot."

I rolled my eyes, reeling myself to close the door. "Not even close... You seem to slip out of answering everything I ask of you."

He shrugged. "So do you, your majesty."

I nodded, as his actions alluded into the perfect example. "Just like that."

Jungkook smirked, snickering. "You're interested in what decisions I make now? Ah, you're adorable, princess."

I felt my cheeks swarm with heat, but I put my foot to the ground. "You are so..." Just as I was beginning to pull away from the dead end conversation. I watched Jungkook lift himself from the wall, quickly trying to wedge a word in regretfully.

So mercifully, I allowed it.

"I- I worry about you." Jungkook admitted, his voice light with a serious tone and edge. My eyebrows furrowed, not quite catching onto his vague 'you know what I mean' explanation.

"That's unnecessary--"

"I pushed you really hard yesterday... Going out, the talking, the touching. It's a lot, and I know you know it's a lot. So I wanted to be there for you-- just in case if... If something were to happen." Jungkook's voice whittled into a run on sentence, an ongoing pour of his open mind. I knew he didn't think much before he said certain things; and often, he would just skate past those words.

But every once in a while, he'd say something astonishing.

And it brought back the token of fear that Jungkook expressed to me not too long ago about last Thursday.

The day became the place holder for one of the worst attacks I had since highschool. It was a devastating memory, slightly blurry and equally as agonizing. I tried not to think about it much, knowing that it wouldn't benefit me if I kept reliving it, even if I was just remembering.

Through the days and nights that have surfed by, it still was settled within me.

And apparently, it was embedded within Jungkook too. And by the looks of it, he wasn't going to forget about it either.

"Well, I'm doing okay. Yesterday was arguably more complicated. You're complicated as well... You aren't alone in your worriedness." I stated, attempted what people call-- reassurance. That isn't a strong suit of mine since dealing with emotions that aren't my own hasn't been something I needed to do.

"Complicated and worried, huh? Sounds like a good morning recipe to me." Jungkook's small, joyful smile returned to his face.

He nodded and he stepped up about a couple inches. "You think two complicated, worried, and glorious human beings could eat breakfast before noon on a Sunday?" His long winded approach stalled my thoughts for a few split seconds just before Jungkook cupped his hands to his mouth and whispered in an unfamiliar cartoon-ish voice, "great answer, princess! Yes, they can!"