LEVEL 14: Effects

Jimin’s P.O.V

////

////

-TUESDAY AFTERNOON-

There have been several times where I’ve felt mental exhaustion.

It was normally a byproduct of work, where even a simple conversation drains my sociability meter to the depths of nothing. I felt the same way in this very moment; this is saying a lot since complaining about my job was tiresome.

Currently, we’re getting through phase one; so, that results in pulling my observing skills to the test. Today was the day where I was to travel to the different sides of the building and take note of each department’s development and needs.

It’s the most irritating part of this phase, but it was what it was.

So, I chewed my food slowly and drank my beverage in increments so I could savor this only moment of peace.  

“Minnie, I know, it’s that time of the week. Don’t look too down.” Taehyung said, attempting to comfort me; as he had been for the past ten minutes.

“Mr. Wang is ruthless around this time... He does have a reason to be stressed,” Yoongi explained, earning a shoulder slap from Taehyung who wasn’t in the mood for particularly anything since the muffins that were usually available weren’t out on display.

He described it as ‘Muffin withdrawal.

Not a real term, but fit for the crisis.

So instead, he was stuck eating fruit.

But if I'm truly honest, what Yoongi said wasn't incorrect by any fraction. This was the time when Mr. Wang decides to get involved with the working team; he then holds important meetings to check in on the team's effort and ability. This is also the time where he made people sweat every day by requesting more from each person, including me.

But at the end of this phase was a reward.

“Yeah, that’s true... But you know most of all people how things go with him. All you have to do is hold out until the company celebration at the end of the launch~ That’s only a couple of weeks away.” Taehyung sang, taking a huge bite of the banana he held.

“Yeah, if we even live that long. It seems as though Mr. Wang has lost all of ‘company cheer’. Seems like someone knocked him down a few pegs.” My lips nearly sprouted a smile. It hadn’t been too long since I finally laid down my honest feelings to my boss. It was just beginning to irk me more every day I came to work; knowing there was someone who had no intention of acknowledging my feelings just because he wanted something from me.