Prologue

Izuku Midoriya sat on the ground, tears streaming down his face, and a loud ringing noise in his ears.

He felt something dripping down his cheeks, reaching up to his ears, he felt something wet.

Pulling his hand away from his ear, he looked down in horror to see that there was blood.

That day Katsuki Bakugou had gotten mad at him for trying to apply to U.A. and had made an explosion next to his ears.

What Katsuki didn't know was that the explosion was going to change Izuku's life forever. 

Izuku couldn't hear anymore.

The teacher had come back into the classroom to lock it up, he saw Izuku sitting on the ground and had tried getting his attention so he would leave.

The teacher stepped closer towards Izuku and realized that he had been crying.

"Hey Midoriya are you ok?" The teacher asked but he didn't get a response. 

Izuku watched as the teacher's lips moved but he didn't hear anything coming out.

That made Izuku panic.

He quickly grabbed his stuff and rushed out of the classroom.

He had to get home as quickly as possible so he could inform his mother of what had happened. 

He didn't even stop to grab the burnt notebook that now sat at the bottom of a pond.

Izuku had to get home as quickly as possible, so he took a right turn between two buildings.

It was a shortcut that he usually avoided because a lot of the kids from his school lived near there and they would always pick on him.

It didn't really matter, all Izuku wanted to do was go home.

As he walked he saw some first years calling at him, there lips moving, but of course he couldn't hear what names they were calling him.

He arrived at his house about 30 minutes later, his mom was sitting on the couch watching some news about how some person getting saved by All Might from a Slime Villain.

Izuku sat down next to her and started to cry.

His mother had a panicked look on her face and started asking him what was wrong.

He sniffled and stuttered out a "I can't hear."

Inko had a confused look on her face, she grabbed her son's face softly and turned it.

She saw dried blood on both sides of his face, "Who did this to you?" She said started to cry.

"Oh, wait you can't hear," She quickly got up and grabbed a pen and a paper and started scribbling something down onto it.

"Who did this to you" was written onto the paper.

Izuku knew that if he told his mother that it was Katsuki she would definitely go to the school and say something. 

Izuku knew that Katsuki wanted to become a hero just as much as he did, but if people found out he accidentally made a quirkless person deaf his career would be over. 

"I was trying to watch one of the heros fight the villains and then I got too close and there was an explosion," was the best Izuku could make up.

Inko Midoriya wasn't dumb, she knew what was going on at school, she could see the bruises that formed on Izuku's body whenever she came home from work.

She would repeatedly ask if he was ok but he would always change the subject.

She knew something had happened at school.

About 20 minutes before Izuku had gotten home Inko had gotten a call from his teacher asking if Izuku was alright.

She told him that Izuku wasn't home but she would talk to him when he got back.

"I'm gonna go to my room," was all Izuku said to Inko before he disappeared into his bedroom. 

He pulled out his U.A. application.

Now that he was deaf he knew that there was now an even lower chance of getting into U.A.

He ripped the application form, he knew there was no hope anymore no matter what happens.

That was the day Izuku Midoriya gave up on his dream of becoming a hero.

He tore down most of his All Might shit and put them in a box.

He started looking at other things he could do when he grew up.

Before he knew it, it was about 5:30, he felt someone tap on his shoulder and he flinched.

It was his mother, she was holding a paper that read "It's time to eat."

Izuku nodded as he followed her downstairs when she stopped, she turned around again with another sheet of paper that read "we need to talk about something important."

She scribbled down something else "I have decided that you're going to change schools."

"Why?" Izuku knew exactly why.

"Do you think that I'm an idiot? I have a good idea of what goes on at school, I think it would be better for you if we did this." Her eyes glossed over.

"I have nothing to lose anyway, I mean all everyone does is pick on me, and I have no friends." Izuku thought.

He nodded at his mom, she gave him a sincere smile and pulled out her computer.

"Started monday you're going to this school" was written on the paper, Izuku looked up at his mom who was pointing at another school that was near his house.

"Thank you," Izuku whispered.